Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Home airport on account showing Atlanta when it has been Chicago for 10 years

jenbarangan
Explorer C

I have been a rapid rewards member since 2005 and my home airport on my account has always been MDW (Chicago).  Since last week all my sale ads on the website have been for ATL and also when I go to book my flight ATL auto populates in the "from tab". 

I checked my account and MDW is still listed as my home airport.  Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Home airport on account showing Atlanta when it has been Chicago for 10 years

dfwskier
Aviator A
Solution

Your cookies are the culprit.

Either try a different borwser or clear cookies om your browser of choice.

Re: Home airport on account showing Atlanta when it has been Chicago for 10 years

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

Were you searching for ATL; or maybe there and on the site? As mentioned, clearing cookies should help! 

Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050?hl=en&co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

I think the network IP address used to access the SW website also influences this combined with the cookies. Whenever I do any price checking during a SW sale, I always do this via an Incognito session so that I don't get a bunch of automated follow up emails to complete the booking as both SoCal and the Bay Area have many airport options that I check prices. 

At my work address which is very close to ONT, the sales promos always default to LAX even during an Incognito session. At my home address, sales default to SNA, even though ONT is still the best convenience airport for this area with SAN as the closest "big city" airport which usually has the better deals. As doing a location check on any given IP address can return very broad locations that can be far away from the actual street address, I think this is a factor.

Both ONT and SNA are tough ones to find good low local sale pricing but every now and then, I get lucky and lock one in.