Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Paid through apple pay and never received confirmation

tiaraprice1
Explorer C

I booked my flight through SWA app .. made my purchase via apple pay.. immediately the funds was taken from my account but it’s been 3 hrs and i never received a confirmation email. I’ve spoken with my bank and to SWA and basically SWA is saying that the money should fall off in 24-48 hrs being that no reservation was made because of a glitch in there system but my bank is pending my payment and if the organization (SWA) doesn’t go through with the payment it would be back in my account in 7 days .. but i’m reading all these other complaints and it seems like no one have gotten there money back .. should i be worried!? my mom is getting married in vegas .. is southwest a scam? what is going on seriously? 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Paid through apple pay and never received confirmation

dfwskier
Aviator A

There are apparently lots of issues with apple pay. You are not alone.

If you have no confirmation number, you have no reservation.

A pending charge means the money is being held in reserve  for a purchase confirmation from a merchant.  Your funds are still in your account, but you can't use them. If no confirmation is received, then the pending charge is dropped - timing depends on your bank.

tiaraprice1
Explorer C

so i will get my money back in my account and be able to use them once it’s back in my account .. SWA is telling me to repurchase my tickets 

dfwskier
Aviator A

@tiaraprice1 wrote:

so i will get my money back in my account and be able to use them once it’s back in my account .. SWA is telling me to repurchase my tickets 

Your money never left your account. It's still there. You just can't get to it until the pending charge is dropped - which will happen since you never got a confirmation number and thus never bought the ticket.

If you want to travel. Yes repurchase your ticket  - paying with some method other than Apple Pay.

bec102896
Aviator A

You could book again and you have 24 hours to cancel and get a refund should you get the confirmation or the charge falls off. 

tiaraprice1
Explorer C

who wants to pay $700 twice 

bec102896
Aviator A

Well if I have a choice of spending it twice and getting one refunded vs the price possibly going up and you get to rebook once you find out it failed at the new going rate that could be $900 

EdnaLockman
Explorer C

Thanks for answering, I was confused before.

reiddan
Explorer C

While it's natural to be worried, Southwest Airlines is a reputable airline, not a scam. Sometimes, these payment hiccups can occur, but they usually get resolved. It's a good sign that you've been in touch with your bank and SWA already.

deshalaphillip
Explorer C

Hey did you ever get your money back that just happened to me! Literally so irritated and called and everything she did say it’s pretty common and they would refund me if it did post. My ticket was 469 and i had to repay bc it was literally the last 2 seats reallyyyyyyy frustrating because ive never have a problem with apple pay before. But ik to never use the card again forsure