Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Pre announcing a Fare Sale??

dfwskier
Aviator A

Our wow-est travel offers start Sept. 25!

I guess we'll see in a week...

11 REPLIES 11

Re: Pre announcing a Fare Sale??

jksobonya
Aviator A

Where you seeing this? I don't have any e-mails about an upcoming sale and it's not on Southwest.com ...

--Jessica

bec102896
Aviator A

BF516902-A604-4FFC-BC7A-59E975094549.png

in the email that came today subject line: Low Holiday Fares, Piping Hot 

Pbrody
Explorer C

Thank you for posting this. My email did not have a start date on it.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Day 1: The Wow is pretty weak...

bec102896
Aviator A

@dfwskier wrote:

Yep I think when they did this same thing back a couple of months a go it started the same way with some car rental thing then later in the week had the 40% off fares 

the next week (or 2 I forget) they did the companion pass deal for Aug/September 

maybe they will do something similar with promo code then next week do the 2nd big sale of the year 

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@bec102896 wrote:

@dfwskier wrote:

Yep I think when they did this same thing back a couple of months a go it started the same way with some car rental thing then later in the week had the 40% off fares 

the next week (or 2 I forget) they did the companion pass deal for Aug/September 

maybe they will do something similar with promo code then next week do the 2nd big sale of the year 

SoCalFlyer97 agrees and I think there will be more to come! As you saw on my Photo Reports throughout the summer, the one sale I used from last June's 2023 Wanna Get Away Day sale was the 40%-off sale that began on the Thursday of the sale week. Booked three of my trips under the sale. 

To be fair, there's a few people who I work with who fly out for business for an entire week and need to rent a car for the entire trip; I think this deal may actually be good for them.

dfwskier
Aviator A

Day 1 is being pretty widely panned on various blogs.

bec102896
Aviator A

50% off base fares on select flights 10/24 though 3/6 book by September 28th 

Explorer C

Every variation I try doesn't qualify for discount.  I have read the fine print numerous times.  I am not using blackout dates or locations.  Keep getting an error message.