Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Unable to book flight online or by phone

missiondad
Explorer C

I am attempting to book a multi-city itinerary to Hawaii. When I price the itinerary over the website and attempt to purchase (using points) I receive an "unable to price error" with a recommendation to call. Upon calling I am told the current wait time is "120 minutes" and when I attempt to chat via the app receive a message that "there are no chat representatives available" with a recommendation to call.

Since you can't book multi-city itineraries via the app I am really out of luck here. Any suggestions? 

I am guessing there are system limitations but want to lock in fares. If I screenshot the pricing will Southwest honor if it changes?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Unable to book flight online or by phone

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Some details about the routing may help us provide suggestions.  Dates and cities?

--TheMiddleSeat

bec102896
Aviator A

You could book as 2 one way flights and as long as the flights don't overlap you should be fine and when you go to check in they should be able to check bags all the way to Hawaii you would just need to visit the full service ticket counter. 

Sometimes the fare classes don't combine well so you won't be able to book together as a multi city instead you have to book one ways

-Blake

missiondad
Explorer C

Thanks to you both - routing is:

MCI-LAS-OGG and both are “Wanna get away” fares. 

I will try the one way bookings tomorrow! 

TheMiddleSeat
Aviator A

Multi city on random dates in June worked for me, but yeah, if you can't get it to go just book two one-way tickets. Pricing will be the same either way.

--TheMiddleSeat

missiondad
Explorer C

Looks like I have to book them as one way flights - slightly annoying to have to pay the 9/11 fee 2x for each itinerary but I will get over it.