Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Canada eh.

ovocop8
Explorer C

I've been waiting for years for Southwest to look into flying to Canada, as SWA is my preferred airline (almost all flights I've ever taken have been with them). Been across the country, been international now by air. First country ever traveled to outside the US was Canada by car, but mostly in the East. There are many different places to see in Canada. For entertainment/leisure, I would visit the following:

British Columbia: Vancouver

Alberta: Edmonton, Calgary
Saskatchewan: Regina
Manitoba: Winnipeg
Ontario: Toronto, Ottawa, London, Sault Ste. Marie
Quebec: Montreal, Quebec (City)
Nova Scotia: Halifax
There are several others I would drive to for CHL games (including Hamilton, Kamloops, Saskatoon, etc.) but I would fly into these other cities. I'm sure for other people, there are probably some rural and rustic places to visit in the prairies out west and maybe some coastal areas, but these are the places I would like to see flights into from Southwest.

Re: Canada eh.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@ovocop8 wrote:

I've been waiting for years for Southwest to look into flying to Canada, as SWA is my preferred airline (almost all flights I've ever taken have been with them). Been across the country, been international now by air. First country ever traveled to outside the US was Canada by car, but mostly in the East. There are many different places to see in Canada. For entertainment/leisure, I would visit the following:

British Columbia: Vancouver

Alberta: Edmonton, Calgary
Saskatchewan: Regina
Manitoba: Winnipeg
Ontario: Toronto, Ottawa, London, Sault Ste. Marie
Quebec: Montreal, Quebec (City)
Nova Scotia: Halifax
There are several others I would drive to for CHL games (including Hamilton, Kamloops, Saskatoon, etc.) but I would fly into these other cities. I'm sure for other people, there are probably some rural and rustic places to visit in the prairies out west and maybe some coastal areas, but these are the places I would like to see flights into from Southwest.

One issue is that Southwest can only take bookings in USD while flying in Canada would require accepting CAD - it’s an IT issue, not any lack of interest. 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.