Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Hotel not worthy of SWA link

RobMcReno
Explorer C

My wife reserved a room at a Choice Hotel in Sun City AZ, near Phoenix. Cost was pretty expensive. $300 a night. We typically stick with the Hilton chain, but thought to give it a try. 

Pulled up an noted homeless people around it, they inadvertantly gave us a smoking room, and the room was about 18 feet away from Grand Avenue, a VERY busy road with tons of traffic. About 6 PM the hotel started shaking and a very loud train horn went off. This went on all night long about every 90 minutes. 

This was one of the worst hotels experiences I have ever had. SWA should not EVER affiliate themselves with this property again. We will like not book hotels through SWA again. This was a horrible experience. 

I would suggest SWA break ties with this hotel immediately.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Hotel not worthy of SWA link

dfwskier
Aviator A

Sorry to hear you had a bad experience.

I did a quick look at hotel reviews, and it seems that many people were quite happy with the hotel.

Did you contact the front desk and tell it that your room was unacceptable, and that you wanted a different one?

RobMcReno
Explorer C

I did not ask for another room. We were only there one night, thankfully. 

I will contact the front desk and discuss it, but it is unlikely they will help. This was not a one night episode, but a constant condition based on the location. 

I do appreciate the respinse though.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@RobMcReno wrote:

My wife reserved a room at a Choice Hotel in Sun City AZ, near Phoenix. Cost was pretty expensive. $300 a night. We typically stick with the Hilton chain, but thought to give it a try. 

Pulled up an noted homeless people around it, they inadvertently gave us a smoking room, and the room was about 18 feet away from Grand Avenue, a VERY busy road with tons of traffic. About 6 PM the hotel started shaking and a very loud train horn went off. This went on all night long about every 90 minutes. 

This was one of the worst hotels experiences I have ever had. SWA should not EVER affiliate themselves with this property again. We will like not book hotels through SWA again. This was a horrible experience. 

I would suggest SWA break ties with this hotel immediately.

Greetings!

Sorry to hear you had a bad hotel experience in Sun City. I echo @dfwskier as I'm a frequent user of SW Hotels (partnered through Booking.com) thanks to the generous Rapid Rewards point payouts; I've never had a major problem related with this booking service that went unresolved.

What you describe appears to be a local hotel incident that would still likely happen under any booking provider, not just SW Hotels. A huge benefit of using SW Hotels is the ability to hotel shop both all the major brands plus reputable independent inns. Reviews are generally accurate and mirror the actual experience; passing freight trains (or any other 'My Cousin Vinny' hotel wake-up calls) would have most likely be mentioned in the reviews as a good night's rest is a basic principle in the hospitality sector.

I would contact the Choice Hotel you used directly and advise hotel management of the incident. The Choice brand is pretty reputable and they should be able to resolve this for you.

Note that Hilton brands also pop up under SW Hotels too and I've had great experiences with them too if you decide the go back to doing business with them, but I would give SW Hotels/booking.com another chance as they do not appear to be at fault. 

Hope this helps!