Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LAPTOP Left on 6-6-24 flight#169 12:55pm from RDU to MDW

CCamrSWA
Explorer C

I filled out a Lost  n found report with serial # , description and pictures. Just reaching out to see if anyone from SWA remembers finding it or turning it in. I know it could be a long process, just found this portal and thought I would take a chance. Had a family medical emergency had to get on an earlier flight from Raleigh to Chicago last Thursday 6/6. Had to take it out of my carry on and place it upright along the chair leg under the seat in front of me. Was so distracted when de-boarding, I grabbed my bag and forgot the laptop. went straight to hospital and didn't realize it until 6am next day.....Any info would be appreciated. Just hoping an honest person found it.

CC

6 REPLIES 6

Re: LAPTOP Left on 6-6-24 flight#169 12:55pm from RDU to MDW

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@CCamrSWA wrote:

I filled out a Lost  n found report with serial # , description and pictures. Just reaching out to see if anyone from SWA remembers finding it or turning it in. I know it could be a long process, just found this portal and thought I would take a chance. Had a family medical emergency had to get on an earlier flight from Raleigh to Chicago last Thursday 6/6. Had to take it out of my carry on and place it upright along the chair leg under the seat in front of me. Was so distracted when de-boarding, I grabbed my bag and forgot the laptop. went straight to hospital and didn't realize it until 6am next day.....Any info would be appreciated. Just hoping an honest person found it.

CC

Greetings:

Hope your family is doing better! It looks like you already filed a Lost Item Report directly to Southwest based on your post. At this point, it is a matter of holding until they reply. As this forum is customer-to-customer, we your fellow travelers don't have the means to follow up on your claim unfortunately. However, to check status, I would return to the Lost Item Portal (linked below), click on "Left Items on the Plane" but then click on "Manage My Report" under "Did you already report lost item(s)?"

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/article/I-lost-a-carryon-item-during-my-travel

The FAQ's on the process are also posted there too.

Ordinarily, I would also suggest contacting the airport's Lost & Found department as items may sometimes end up there, but it appears MDW does not have a direct Lost & Found contact published on their website and suggests instead contacting the airline for items left on the plane which would be SW's Lost Item Portal for SW flights:
https://www.flychicago.com/midway/ServicesAmenities/services/Pages/lostfound.aspx

Hope this helps and hopefully SW staff will reach out to you very soon!

CCamrSWA
Explorer C

yes I did try both a Midway Lost n found and filing a full report with descriptions and serial #.

Im hoping, since it did blend in a bit that it took an extra trip or two before it was discovered. And hoping who found it was honest. Thanks again for your reply

dfwskier
Aviator A

If Southwest found your laptop, it is on it's way to Alabama for processing. That's where Southwest sends all of its found iitems. At that locstion an attempt is made to match found items with those reported lost. You provided a serial number which is the single best way of enhancing the likelihood that your laptop iwill be returned to you.

The process can take up to 30 days.  I wish you good luck.

CCamrSWA
Explorer C

Thankyou!

CCamrSWA
Explorer C

item found and will be shipped in 5 days! 😁TY for all the helpful info.

CC

dfwskier
Aviator A

Great!!

Thanks for letting us kniw.