Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Non stop flights from SMF to BNA stopping?

Alistflyer
Explorer C

I was looking to book a trip mid-January and noticed the non stop flights are not available after 1/6/25. Does anyone know if these are going away for good or have seen more flights added later?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Non stop flights from SMF to BNA stopping?

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@Alistflyer wrote:

I was looking to book a trip mid-January and noticed the non stop flights are not available after 1/6/25. Does anyone know if these are going away for good or have seen more flights added later?

Greetings fellow SMF traveler!

SMF is one of my frequent destination airports and the Southwest Terminal B is one of my favorites to pass through with the glass elevators, the Acorn tree near the TSA Checkpoint, and the giant red rabbit watching over the baggage claim area:

20240302_151429.jpg

This forum comprises of your fellow travelers. It's very possible that Southwest has temporarily suspended non-stop flights for this route after 1/6 due to the aircraft delivery issues related to Boeing as seen on the news. Southwest was expecting to see a fleet of new planes delivered to replace its retiring fleet but the shipment has been held up as Boeing works with Southwest and the federal government to resolve these issues as we've been seeing in the media.

I did a quick check and it looks like there's still a 10:30am departure from SMF to BNA via a through-flight on most days that has one stop but does not require a connecting plane change. Same for the return flight at 8:35am. I would see if this option works for you as a intermediate alternative. If that's the case, I would bring some additional food or snacks upon leaving SMF as the quoted total flight time is about 6-7 hours.

I would also let Southwest Customer Service know directly that you would like them to consider reinstating the nonstop route once the new planes are delivered and in operations:

https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Re: Non stop flights from SMF to BNA stopping?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Southwest is short of planes. More are retiring faster than Boeing can deliver new ones. I wouldn't be surprised to see the route come back after that situation is recified. When wil that be? Good question.