Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest removed all direct nonstop from LGA to ALL miami area airports???

phrostyphace
Explorer C

I'm trying to understand what happened, I know routes change but this is crazy!

I have been flying Southwest for years, literally years, to the airports in the Miami area, sometimes FLL sometimes PBI sometimes MIA, and I only ever fly Non-Stop

I haven't flown in a while, and upon going to book tickets today I have discovered that there are no longer non-stop flights from LGA to any of those airports

Why would they remove all non-stop flights to three different airports?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest removed all direct nonstop from LGA to ALL miami area airports???

5280Av8r
Frequent Flyer C

Yea, I've been wondering that too. I'm wondering if it was because of the JetBlue/American Northeast alliance and they just couldn't compete. Now that the alliance was broken by a federal judge, maybe the flights could come back? For now, there's Tampa and then one-stop options.

Anyway, this is a customer to customer forum. Try clicking on the "Contact Us" button below and submitting a request. You can also leave comments on Social Media posts as well.

DEN (CLT) Based | Aviation Enthusiast | Full of Passion for Southwest

parpitt1
Frequent Flyer A

Islip still has non stops to PBI and FLL. If the seats aren't full they change the schedules. 

Safe travels

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

They only had MIA since 2020 so you shouldn't miss that one too much.

I'm a little surprised there isn't more LGA/FLL available though.

LGA is so constrained they must be seeing some higher fares on other routes that end up using all the slots.

A one-stop in BWI or elsewhere along the eastern coast wouldn't be so bad though. Avoid any connections through DAL or DEN though. 😂 unless your username is @bec102896 

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.