Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

About R-2024-41190 Jr. Technology Associate position.

Kimia
Explorer C

Hi,
Hope you are doing great. Sorry I send a message to you? Today I applied for the R-2024-41190 Jr. Technology Associate position. I live in Washington State, and last year I completed a bootcamp (Ada Developer Academy). I attended your event where you mentioned that this position is remote and that we could apply for it. I submitted my application at 7:10 am on 3/8/2024, but after completing it, I received this email: 'Because the information you provided does not meet the minimum requirements for this role as outlined in the job description, we will not be moving forward with your application at this time.' What can I do now?  How can I fix the problem?  Maybe I click something by mistake. Thank you for your time and consideration.

1 REPLY 1

Re: About R-2024-41190 Jr. Technology Associate position.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Howdy, @Kimia!

Thank you for reaching out! I'm so sorry for any confusion with with your application to the Jr. Technology Associate position, especially after you connected with our Careers Team at a recent event. While this position is a remote position, there are location requirements in place. The full workplace requirements are: This role is offered as a remote workplace position, which may require travel for training, meetings, conferences, etc. Outside of those required visits, the majority of your working time may be spent in a remote location, away from our Corporate Campus. Please note, while this is a remote position, there is a limited group of states or localities ineligible for Employees to regularly perform their work. Those ineligible locations are: Alaska, California, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, Washington and Wyoming.

You answered "Yes, I do currently live in one of these states and am not willing to relocate." to the application question "Do you currently live in Alaska, California, Colorado, Delaware, Illinois, Iowa, Maryland, Massachusetts, Montana, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, Washington and Wyoming?" This is what automatically removed your application from consideration.