Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Denied?

gessellez
Explorer C

Hello Southwest Family,

My name is Gesselle Zacarias and I have been applying to Southwest jobs consistently and I have noticed that for some of them I am immediately denied after submitting my applications. 

For example, I applied for a position in Las Vegas today (R-2024-45780)

And I immediately received an email saying I did not meet the requirements for the customer service position as stated in the job description.
I studied the job description prior to applying and I believe that I have the necessary skills and experience to move forward with the application process. 
Even after applying I went over my application and I’m unsure as to what could be the issue.

I am willing to relocate, if that was an issue but I did not see any where in the job description that you must be a resident of the state before applying as well. 
Please let me know who I can contact for feedback if possible. I appreciate any advice.

Hopefully one day I will be able to be apart of the SWA family. 

Thank you so much for your time. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Application Denied?

dfwskier
Aviator A

Instant rejects seldom mean you are not qualified.

They could mean

1) You have to live in a certain state -- and you say you don't live in that state

2) Indicate you are willing to attend training in(insert city name) and you say you are not willing

Those are the types of things that result in an instant reject.

Re: Application Denied?

dfine907
Explorer C

Ah, that's good to know.
I'm a software developer in Alaska (I can never leave such a wonderful state), and I'm thinking that since there are no SWA flights in/out of Alaska, I may not be able to work for Southwest Airlines.  Then again, it's called "Southwest" not Northwest Airlines.  LOL.