Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application Status “In Progress”

Aylincastillo
Explorer C

I submitted a payroll consultant application last month and my status says “in progress” can anyone help what that means? 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Application Status “In Progress”

MaryBergman
Explorer C

@Aylincastillo wrote:

I submitted a payroll consultant application last month and my status says “in progress” can anyone help what that means? 

Hello,

I can see your post

Here are a few possible scenarios where you may come across an "In Progress" status for your application:

1. Job Application: If you have applied for a job, "In Progress" could indicate that your application is being reviewed by the hiring team. They may be assessing your qualifications, skills, and experience to determine if you meet the requirements for the position.

2. College/University Application: For educational institutions, an "In Progress" status may mean that your application is being evaluated by the admissions office. They might be reviewing your academic records, personal statement, letters of recommendation, and other application materials to make a decision on your acceptance.

3. Visa or Immigration Application: When applying for a visa or immigration status, "In Progress" signifies that your application is being processed by the relevant immigration authorities. They will review your documentation, conduct background checks, and assess your eligibility for the requested status. TellHappyStar

4. Membership/Subscription Application: In the case of membership or subscription applications, an "In Progress" status could indicate that the organization is reviewing your application for approval. They may be verifying your eligibility, conducting background checks, or evaluating any specific criteria necessary for membership.

Thanks and regards,

MaryBergman

MGorajewski
Explorer C

I applied for jobs May 30, June 8, and June 26. All still say "In Progress". I wish we had updates saying if the initial review passed, then next step passed. 

I miss the days where we could call for updates. 

Passenger1C
Aviator C

I know it’s hard, but you have to be patient. As an applicant, you have to remember that SWA receives an overwhelming amount of applications. It’s normal to see applications from individuals who have no experience, but apply for the position anyways. It takes time for the recruiters to review and contact qualified candidates. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion