Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Auto Reject FA application

Lydia1
Explorer C

I recently applied for the Flight Attendant position (9/26/23) but I believe my application was potentially auto-rejected. The email stated that I did not meet the min requirements for the position, but I read over those carefully and made sure I met those requirements. I was certain I confirmed that in the application. Is there a way for me to verify? Thanks for any help! 

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Auto Reject FA application

Gail_21
Explorer C

I applied as well today ( 09/26/ 2023)they closed the application at around 7:30 am, I re applied again and send my resume and my information, I got a Auto reject FA application right like a few minutes. I was running out of time today because they based the time on Texas, while I’m here in Nevada. I’m I a bit confused why I got rejected right away. Can somebody please tell me why I got rejected right away? I want to be better for my future application. Thank you!

mpdreddgirl
Explorer C

My friend and I got the same reject emails. We can't figure out why within 30 mins we got that. I'm hoping it's a glitch. 

walkerloriellen
Explorer C

My guess is you marked that you are not willing to move. Even though you can travel to your base, you have to be willing to say that you are willing to move. 

Kellypickering
Explorer B

Yes, sadly I also got a rejection within 10 minutes of applying and went right to requirements but nothing seemed off. Maybe they were only hiring for certain locations and I am in Florida. A little upsetting since I have been waiting since February for this to even open. 

Savvyrobinson
Explorer C

Hello there, 

When I found the FA opportunity available on LinkedIn, I was looking at constantly updated posts from Southwest Recruiters. In the comments, one of the recruiters specificied that you may been rejected because  “the job does require to answer 15 Pre-Screen questions that are required for the role (such as agreeing compensation, location,  seniority, etc). While this is not based on experience - it is required since it is required for the role - answer yes or no and disagreeing to one of the statements can generate the email.” The recruiter’s advice is to check out the latest openings, as they become available. 

They also revealed that over 11k people applied within that 4-hour window and the review process will lead into 2024. It might take a long while before the FA application opens up again. 

I hope that this information was very useful! 

Lylwa
Explorer C

I suspect that you indicated a preference for not relocating. While you may have the capability to travel to your base, it's essential to explicitly express your willingness to consider a move.

Lylwa
Explorer C

Both my friend and I received identical rejection emails within a mere 30-minute timeframe. We're quite puzzled about the swift turnaround and are optimistic that it's simpl...