Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Auto denial on application?

Mdakis85
Explorer C

I just finished my application for a customer service agent in Vegas and within a couple minutes I had an email automatically denying me stating " because the information you provided does not meet the minimum requirements for this role as outlined in the job description, we will not be moving forward with your application at this time".

I went back and re-read the job description and details and I meet all requirements. I  answered and agreed to all questions asked regarding background checks, drug testing, traveling for training, etc. I do not have any disabilities either and am able to work in the united states. The ONLY thing I can think of is the very last question on the application asked me if I lived in Nevada. I live in Arizona but can commute/stay in Vegas. Do you think that could have been the reason for the denial? My long-term goal is to be a flight attendant, but I'm looking for anything to get me in the door right now. 

If anyone has any info that would be great, especially if you work for Southwest and can find out why I got denied. Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Auto denial on application?

dfwskier
Aviator A

If the position required you to be a Nevada resident and you are not, that probably is the reason for the auto reject

Re: Auto denial on application?

Mdakis85
Explorer C

I went back and re-read the ad that was posted two more times to make sure i wasn't missing anything and saw nothing stated about being a resident.