Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: CSA training (so far!)

Lisakau808
Adventurer C

I am so excited to be starting my new career with Southwest and I WAS SO HAPPY when you said you were 51 !   I am too!!!  and I am scared and excited at the same time and so happy to have found your post and posts from others. This is so exciting. I ordered my new black shoes from Keen because Keens have always been extremely comfortable so I got those ordered today.

The way EVERYONE at Southwest has treated me so welcomingly and warmly, I am just overwhelmed with happiness and gratefulness. 

I am a new hire but dont know yet when I go to Dallas. From what it seems, I will be meeting a ton of wonderful new people. Woooohoooo!!  Im from Hawaii so anyone who is new hire in July 2023, lets chat. Take care everyone. 

itsthe5moores
Explorer C

Hello!

Thanks for all of your helpful tips! My start date as a CSA is 8/28/2023. After reading your post I’m very excited and grateful for this opportunity. I had been doubting myself, due to my age (52), but you have built my confidence up. I know l will be able to meet  all of the requirements and expectations for this position.  I’m thrilled to be joining the SW family. 

kricket970
Explorer C

Hey there!

Thank you so much for your post.  I really appreciate all the details you shared about your experiences so far AND your age.  I was wondering if I was crazy for signing up for this type of schedule.....but then I read your post!  I haven't started yet but did get the offer!  Woohoo!  I am very excited about a completely new adventure.

I did have a question that I haven't seemed to find an answer for.  Maybe you can help?  I know that scheduling goes by seniority but I am still not sure what shift times look like.  Do you have any idea?  I am just trying to prepare my mind for any possible times!

Hope things are going well for you with Southwest!  

Kristi

Margo7
Explorer A

Hi Kristi,

The schedule times are dictated by our flight schedules. There are AM and PM shifts. Our earliest shift in Oakland starts at 3 am and we have about 4- overnight shifts from 8:30 pm- 4 am. I currently work a PM shift from 11:30- 8 pm.  We have such a variety of shifts. If you get a shift you don't want, you may be able to trade with someone. I hope this helps. 

Have fun!!

Marlene 

kricket970
Explorer C

Thank you Marlene!  That helps a ton.  Just want to know what I'm in for as far as scheduling.  I know it can vary but that gives me a general idea!   How long have you been a CSA?

Margo7
Explorer A

Hello. I started my SW journey 6/20/22. That's my seniority date that will follow me in this career.  I am almost at 1.5 yrs. Get to know the IAM union reps. They are a wealth of information.