Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Direct College Hire Recruiting Timeline

jobseeker
Explorer C

Hello @adrienneb and the rest of SWA recruiting team, 

I hope you are well. I recently applied for Associate level positions in the DCH Program and attended an information session where it was mentioned that some positions may start as early as January. Could you please share the anticipated recruitment timeline with us?

When does the selection process commence, and when can we expect to hear back about interview opportunities? My previous applications lacked transparency regarding hiring timelines, so any insights would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Direct College Hire Recruiting Timeline

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @jobseeker!

I am *so* sorry it's taken so long to get back to your message - I really appreciate you tagging me! 

Looking through your other posts, I'm sorry to learn of the update to your application's status. The Direct College Hire brings some incredible People to Southwest, and we appreciate your involvement with the program! 

With those more entry level positions, the competition can be fierce to land the role. My recommendations in those case are to always fine-tune your resume specifically to the job you're applying for, do some research on Southwest and how the role you're applying for impacts our Company Vision, and get your application in ASAP! Often times, we receive more applications than we're able to review. This means that the earlier your application is submitted, the more likely we'll be able to get to it in the initial review process. 

That said, I'm so sorry if the communication surrounding your application and status throughout the process was lacking. We work to provide helpful updates often, especially since we know how important that is to our Candidates. If you wouldn't mind providing the email address associated with your application or the requisition number (R-2023-_____), I would love to pass this feedback along to the Team overseeing those DCH applications. I'd be glad to take a closer look at your application then as well, just to see if there's any additional insight I can offer! 

Thanks again for your time reaching out & tagging me! Hope you had a great holiday weekend, @jobseeker!

Nicolegunia
Explorer C

Thank you for the reply! 
My email is Nikki.gunia@gmail.com and my requisition number is 2023-37169

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi there, @Nicolegunia. Thanks so much for reaching out! 

We weren't able to move forward with your application due to the response on your application questionnaire! For the question "Do you have two years experience in airport operations?", you answered "No." This experience was a requirement for Candidates, so your application was automatically removed when this response was received. 
I hope this helps bring some clarity to your recent application, despite any disappointment that may have occurred. We certainly appreciate your interest in a career with Heart!

Nicolegunia
Explorer C

Ahh I see. Thank you so much for the clarification!

If you don’t mind me bothering you further-how would someone like myself progress into a position like this? I have no previous airport experience but I am looking for a change of environment and something and more career driven. My current position is very similar to the role that I applied for at southwest, or at least that’s what the application made it seem.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Happy to help, @Nicolegunia!

In Chicago, for both our O'Hare and Midway stations, there are plenty of opportunities that become available throughout the year! Maybe something similar that piques your interest could be your perfect match! I know opportunities in Station Services, as Ramp or Customer Service Supervisors, or many other roles can be great learning opportunities to grow and develop. 😊

Nicolegunia
Explorer C

Ok perfect, thank you so much for your help! ☺️