Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Ex-employee rejected by re-hire pannel

raja
Explorer A

Ok so I am an ex employee who got terminated due to safety incident after working for more than 5 years for Southwest Airlines. I always loved this company because it was my first airline that I worked for in airline industry. It provided me the platform to grow not only on personal level but also on professional level and I am truly grateful for that. I wanted to come back to southwest airlines so after waiting for almost 21 months I applied for a Ramp Supervisor position at one of their stations both of my phone and face to face interviews went well even my ex manager from my previous station gave a great feed back to the recruiter about me. After waiting for more than a week I got a rejection email that I am no longer in consideration for this position and I have to wait for a year till I can apply to any other position. I was extremely disappointed after reading that email. My question is isn't there a one year waiting period for ex  employees till they can apply again for open positions. I applied almost after 2 years and now the email says I have to wait for a year till I can apply again. Can some one explain to me is this a standard southwest hiring procedure for ex employees or is it due to me being terminated due to safety incident. 

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Ex-employee rejected by re-hire pannel

dfwskier
Aviator A

I belive the rule is that anyne who gets rejected (not just potential re hires) has to wait a year before re applying.

Re: Ex-employee rejected by re-hire pannel

raja
Explorer A

Ok I see.

Thanks