Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Exploring Career Opportunities at Southwest: A Teacher's Inquiry

castillodan73
Explorer C

As an educator with a passion for making a difference in people's lives, I've often found myself wondering about the possibility of pursuing a career outside the traditional realm of education. Recently, I've been contemplating whether there are any training or program opportunities available for individuals like me who are looking to change career paths provided or offered by Southwest.

I'm curious to know if Southwest offers any specific training or program opportunities for individuals coming from the education field who are looking to transition into a career within the Southwest family. Are there any resources or support systems in place to help navigate this transition and ensure success in a new industry? Whether it's formal training programs, mentorship opportunities, or networking events, I'm eager to learn more about how Southwest can help individuals like me make a smooth transition into a new career path.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Exploring Career Opportunities at Southwest: A Teacher's Inquiry

danielvest00
Adventurer C

Same.

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@castillodan73  Are you looking for this information pre- employment or post? 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

castillodan73
Explorer C

I’m looking at applying to southwest. I have been in education for 16 years and have a Masters in Administration Leadership with HR experience if that helps. 

castillodan73
Explorer C

I’m looking at applying to southwest. I have been in education for 16 years and have a Masters in Administration Leadership with HR experience if that helps. I just wanted to know if Southwest offered like onsite training programs similar to the HR Internship program. I do not qualify for this program being that I have already received a degree.