Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight Attendant Application Status from 1/23/23

Rdy2SrvwthHrt
Explorer C

Hi there! I’ve been patiently waiting for the status of my flight attendant application from the January 23rd application window. I’ve had a few friends and family that have since been hired and are loving their new SWA family! While I’m happy for them, I’m wondering if my applications “in progress” status will soon change? I am qualified for this position and I have wanted serve those in the sky with heart & love for 14 years! I have prepared, studied, and have even memorized airport codes and preflight script(s) in anticipation. With full and absolute confidence, I know this career is meant for me 🤍

With that being said, there was an error in the application that I did not catch before hitting submit. “How did you hear about us?” I accidentally selected “former employee”. It was intended to be “from a SWA employee”, however I don’t believe that was an option, so I thought I left it blank. Upon hitting submit I was surprised to see “former employee”. I really hope this error has not pushed back my application or hindered me from my dream career. 

If someone can get back to me, I’d greatly appreciate it. The email used to submit the application is klund2182@yahoo.com 

Thank you in advance for your help. I look forward to hearing from someone, Kimberly Short

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Flight Attendant Application Status from 1/23/23

stacy34
Explorer C

To get the most accurate and up-to-date information about your application, I recommend reaching out directly to Southwest Airlines' HR department or the appropriate point of contact provided during the application process. They will be able to provide you with the current status of your application and any further steps you may need to take. Best of luck with your application, and I hope you achieve your career goals!

Re: Flight Attendant Application Status from 1/23/23

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi there, @Rdy2SrvwthHrt!

Adrienne here, and I'm part of our Talent Acquisition Team. I took a quick look, and I do see your application for the Flight Attendant position. We received many, many applications for this posting, and our Team is slowly but surely working through those applications & Candidates in the order they were received. I know the wait can be the hardest part, but you are still in the running, and I'm hopeful you'll hear from our Team about setting up an interview very soon! The "how you heard about us" piece, that would not have an impact on your application - no stress there!

We are so appreciative of your patience in that lengthy process! Best of luck!