Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Flight attendant opening

LoveSpring
Adventurer C

Any idea when the next flight attendant positions will open?  I believe I created a profile but I do not know how to submit an application or if you must wait til a position becomes available. How many times a year are there openings for this position? 

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Flight attendant opening

franktravel
Aviator B

You may want to do this. The last opening for this job was 2/5/18. The flight attendant positions are listed under the city of Dallas Texas, the Southwest Airlines main headquarters. 

"In order to remain consistent in our hiring practices and to be fair to all applicants, we accept applications for a specific position, and only when the job listing is active on our Careers page."

See current job openings at Southwest Airlines here Careers pagehttps://tinyurl.com/yalmfmzr

You may also want to set up a profile to be notified when jobs become available here https://tinyurl.com/y8p82yya

LoveSpring
Adventurer C

You said I may want to do this....do you mean fill out the application?  I thought I was not able to fill it out unless it becomes available?  

RetLeo
Explorer A

Frank means set up a profile and get notified of future positions.   The F/A position is not active so you can't apply.    

LoveSpring
Adventurer C

I believe I already set up a profile and submitted a resume can you confirm that you see that thanks so much

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @LoveSpring,

Thanks for your interest in a Career at Southwest! You can check your application status on your dashboard by logging in to the specific Flight Attendant portal here. Best of luck!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

kallison04
Explorer A

Hi @KelbyTansey

I'm sorry to reach out to you on this post, but I'm not sure what to do. 

Four weeks ago today I was called and told that I had moved on to the next step of the flight attendant interview process for an onsite visit! I was so excited. Yesterday I got an email asking me to schedule my interview date, but in the email it said I should have recieved a "preparing for you interview" packet that was sent to me via email. I never got this email with this packet though. I have checked all spam folder and have gone through my emails. I only got a phone call from my recruiter, not an email.

I have emailed my recruiter and the email that sent me the dates to pick for my onsite visit, but I am very nervous as I've gotten no reply. I obviously really need that packet, and any guidance you can offer me would be greatly appreicated.

Thank you so much, 

Allison

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @kallison04,

Congratulations on making it to this stage in the process! Thank you for reaching out, and we apologize for any confusion or inconvenience. This information has been passed along to our Hiring Team, and you should hear from them shortly. Best of luck in your upcoming interview!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

kallison04
Explorer A

Thank you so much @KelbyTansey!

I got the email with the packet today! Thank you so much for everything you've done.

Sincerely,

Allison

jackay49
Explorer C

I am very interested in becomeing a flight attendant.I am very interested in becomeing a flight attendant.