Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Height Restrictions for Commercial Pilots - I am 6 ft 7 inch. Am I able to get hired as a FO?

talnaor
Explorer C

Hello,

Any pilot who is taller than 6ft? I am really interested in applying for FO in Southwest and I was wondering if I am able to get hired, with my height being 6'7''. I am interested in flying commercial aviation and I do not want to get my passion crushed just for a height restriction on my end. I am trying to apply for FO and I really love this airline so much that I think that SWA would be a great place to work as an airline pilot.

If there is any height restriction within the airline for pilots, please if you could let me know that would be great!

If anyone is willing to answer, please do. Thank you so much!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Height Restrictions for Commercial Pilots - I am 6 ft 7 inch. Am I able to get hired as a FO?

ZevSupport
Frequent Flyer A

I've never heard of any, and would be interested to learn if there was one!

Community Champion | PHL based | ex-Companion Pass Holder | Southwest Passenger

Re: Height Restrictions for Commercial Pilots - I am 6 ft 7 inch. Am I able to get hired as a FO?

dfwskier
Aviator A

@talnaor wrote:

Hello,

Any pilot who is taller than 6ft? I am really interested in applying for FO in Southwest and I was wondering if I am able to get hired, with my height being 6'7''. I am interested in flying commercial aviation and I do not want to get my passion crushed just for a height restriction on my end. I am trying to apply for FO and I really love this airline so much that I think that SWA would be a great place to work as an airline pilot.

If there is any height restriction within the airline for pilots, please if you could let me know that would be great!

If anyone is willing to answer, please do. Thank you so much!

Are you already a pilot or First Officer with another airline? I would imagine that this type of limit would be pretty standard across airline.