Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: Hiring for flight attendants

Lulu3166
Explorer C

Hello Kelby, a pleasant good evening the pleasure is mine always and will definitely see my application tahhhh!!!!!!🤗🤗

Vannie
Explorer C
Solution

I am a former flight attendant in Jamaica. Do you guys hire Jamaicans?

thombowie
Explorer C

I recieved a email about a flight attentand intern position. It asked for working towards a masters as part of the education requirement. I have over a lot of customer service experience. Can I ask Why?

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @thombowie,

Most of our internships are geared toward undergraduate students, but open for masters students to apply if they are interested and qualified. If possible, could you provide a link or an official title for the position you are referring to so we can research further to help answer your question?

Kelby
Southwest Careers

AlexisL117
Explorer C

What is the best way to find out when Southwest is hiring Flight Attendants? I have looked at the job openings for months and have requested the email alerts from the job boards, and it never seems they are hiring new FA’s, but I’m always hearing that they are. I am currently a Flight Attendant for another airline and it is my absolute dream to work for Southwest! Thank you in advance for any help! 

KelbyTansey
Employee
Employee

Hi @AlexisL117,

We are thrilled to hear you're interested in joining our Team as a Flight Attendant! We have not opened our external Flight Attendant posting anytime in the past year, as we had an overwhelming response to our last posting in August 2016. However, when we open the posting again, we will announce it here prior to posting. You can also check www.southwest.com/careers regularaly for updates, or sign up to receive job alerts via email at workfor.us/southwest on a desktop or by clicking here on a mobile device. We hope to see your application the next time the position is open!

Kelby
Southwest Careers

KimVanderKley
Frequent Flyer C

Thank you for the past info on the class of fa 2016... hoping for 2018!

@16fseataFFBK

amsutherland
Explorer C

My children are leaving the house for college and I am looking forward to a career change, what is the qualification for flight attendant. 

jshondarj
Explorer C
Solution

Good afternoon! I would like to know if the airline will be hiring new flight attendants in 2018? If so, when should I check the website? Thanks for your time!

Neilditto
Explorer C
Solution

Hi, I would love to know what is the age range to persuade a flight attendant position with Southwest Airlines. 

Thank you,

Neil.