Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Impending Retirement

EagleOne
Explorer C

I will be retiring at the end of the 24-25 School year from a 45 year career in teaching and coaching and would love to transition to an airport passenger service job.  I have 8 years experience in passenger service because as a teacher/coach, summers gave me the opportunity to work at DFW airport.  My question is, how early should I send a resume/application to be considered?  Thank you for your time!

Chris

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Impending Retirement

Mikrokosmos
Explorer C

I just wanted to say that the aviation industry is ever changing and what position you might see there now won’t be available for the next couple of months or even ever.

With that being said, certain positions require longer screenings and trainings while some don’t require certain checks. If you see something you like I think you should apply for it and when you have the interview, you should let them know you won’t be available until next year summer.

(I’m assuming that’s when you’re retiring right?)

Smiling everyday, screaming from art school
(づ-̩̩̩-̩̩̩_-̩̩̩-̩̩̩)づ

EagleOne
Explorer C

Thank you for taking the time to respond to my inquiry and offering advice for my question.  Yes, at the end of THIS school year, I will retire after 45 years.  Thank you again for your time!

Chris

dfwskier
Aviator A

Congrats on you upcoming reitrement, Chris.

Your best bet is to take ques from the Southwest careers website

https://careers.southwestair.com/