Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

In process for 1 month

Breatrev
Explorer C

Hi all,

I applied for a corporate position on May 11. My status is still “in process.” I expected it would take a while but I wasn’t sure if interviews and selection can take place without any other notification. Is there a recruiter I can check status with? I appreciate you all! 

Breana

8 REPLIES 8

Re: In process for 1 month

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi, @Breatrev

Thanks so much for reaching out & for your interest in a career with Heart! 

It does look like we received a lot of interest and applications for that Sustainable Fuels Consultant opportunity, and our Team is working to review applications in the order received. It may take some time to hear back, but I would encourage you to keep an eye on your email inbox (and junk/spam folders too - just in case!) for more information. Our Team will reach out with an update just as soon as it's available! 

Breatrev
Explorer C

Hi,

thanks so much for a response. I’ll be sure to keep an eye out for correspondence! 

Breana 

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Happy to! Best of luck, @Breatrev!

Phoenix5ng
Explorer C

Hello Adrienneb, 

I know this is on Breatrev thread and am so sorry i have to ask for your help on her discussion thread but I noticed you have been replying and helping everyone out on the platform, so that was why I am reaching out to you, since nobody replied my one and only discussion I started some weeks back, which reads: 

I have gotten a contingent job offer from Southwest since March 28th, but I haven’t heard anything from anyone since. I tried reaching out to the recruiter through his phone number he said i should call if I have any question, but all to no avail. I did call in for the New Hire Ground Operations webinar info session on teams though, but still I have not had any invite for the line of action, for example drug and background check processing yet.  Please how can I get any form of update on my situation from Southwest Airlines, thank you and God bless. 
I hope to get a reply from you.
Thank you.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @Phoenix5ng

Happy to help! 😊

Thanks so much for your interest in joining our Team in Houston! 

I did some digging, and I do see the contingent offer of employment we sent to you via email on March 28.  The email address associated with that application and contingent offer ends in @sbcglobal.com. Your Recruiter followed up on May 4 via email, advising of a final attempt to get in contact in order to move you forward in the process. Since our Team still didn't hear a response from you, your application was removed from the process. An update of this was sent via the same email address on May 8. 

We're so sorry for any confusion or disappointment surrounding this process. 

With that being said, I do see your new application for the Houston Provisioning Agent position! That application is associated with a different email address, ending in @gmail.com, and it's still awaiting review from our Recruiting Team! 

Phoenix5ng
Explorer C

Hello Adrienneb, 

Thank you so much for your reply, it really made my day, at the same time, am totally surprised and confused lol, because I never had any email ending with sbcglobal.com, I think there must have been a system glitch of some kind. Because even the interview notification, interview scheduling and all correspondence with Southwest careers has always been via my gmail.com, that include all notifications for the New Hire Ground Operations Information Session. But anyway I thank you for the help, am at rest of mind now to really know what happened because been in the dark on the application was so frustrating, especially when trying to get answers. 

I really appreciate, thank you.

Kind Regards. 

Sammad
Explorer C

Hello Adrienneb

I know I am replying on someone else thread, however I am having a very similar issue. I received my webinar invite to join for Wednesday’s sessions, I mentioned to the presenters during  the Q&A about not receiving in update regarding drug test or next steps and I am worried of no longer being considered for lack of communication. I checked

my spam, I really don’t want to miss this opportunity.

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @Sammad!

It looks like our Team was just working to get some details finalized, and they were able to do so! You should have received communication via email today advising of an update and next steps. Check your inbox (and junk/spam folders - just in case) for that communication. 

Thank you so much for your patience throughout!