Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Job application "in progress" for 4 months

AnyMD1
Explorer C

Hello. I was wanting to know if anyone knew of my job application status? It has been in progress for 4 months now. Its for "supervisor - aircraft maintenance" in DAL. Job Req: R-2024-42097. Thanks 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Job application "in progress" for 4 months

danielvest00
Adventurer B

It's common for recruiters not the close out applications. I have had several go months with no update or contact. It's one area where I feel SWA could be a lot more transparent and respectful of an applicant's time. Perhaps @adrienneb can help you?

Re: Job application "in progress" for 4 months

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey, @AnyMD1 & @danielvest00 

Thanks so much for tagging me in for this one. I took a look at that R-2024-42097 Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor position, and it looks like the recruiting process is ongoing. There was an email update sent to all Candidates on April 30 advising that interviews have started, but that additional Candidates may be invited to interviews as needed. That is why you're likely seeing your application still in progress, because hiring hasn't been finalized for the role just yet!

That said, I touched base with our Recruiters over this posting, and they'll be digging in to see if there is another update they can provide to Candidates soon. I'm always of the opinion that touchpoints and transparency are so important, especially during the wait after you click "submit" on an application. Thanks for your patience with this application - and on your previous applications, Daniel! Wishing you both the very best!