Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Re: OPS Group chat

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

@Cabi002 So when did you do your badge ? What information is in the onboarding email or what does it go over ? I’m a ground ops agent as well. Do you know if the schedules are 8 hour days or 12 hour days ?  

Cabi002
Adventurer B

The email had login information and then several documents to sign.  I9 and several policies.  I’m still waiting to here from the station (PHX) to find out about badging and exactly where and what time to show up on the 18th. 

At my interview I was told 8 hour days 5 days a week. You will work the same shift as your trainer once you start OJT. 

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

@Cabi002 Thank you so much , i figured it was 8 hours day but just didn’t really remember wanted some clarification. I feel like once i get the email about my badge then I’ll be a step closer. I hope my OJT trainer doesn’t have an early morning shift 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

You'll get SIDA stuff closer to your start date. You need to get the 'all clear', do onboarding, then you'll get SIDA and first day info. Dallas will be either week 3 or week 4 during training. For me, I'll be going to Dallas during week 4. 

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

@TPArampgirl i know my interview told me I’ll be in Dallas for 12 days so we will see how it goes well k completed everything pretty quick got the stuff about my drug screen and fingerprints Friday just did both yesterday and got my notifications from Sterling about my background to southwest Friday also so i ain’t playing 🤣

nakeyamaree
Explorer C

I’m starting at MKE on 4/18. Haven’t gotten my SIDA badge info yet.  I’m super excited!!! Just tired of the wait game

camcover
Explorer A

Is this the chat for ops or did you create one elsewhere… lol Please let me know (if it’s on insta please add me: @Cam_cover71 thanks! 

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

@camcover @This is the chat i didn't think anyone was interested in giving there phone number out . Are you a new hire ??

camcover
Explorer A

I am! OPS agent in DEN. Still waiting on the all clear from SWA but sterling completed the bg on the 18th and I know there’s nothing that would hold anything up so I’m assuming it’s just the backlog of where I’m at in line with getting processed w SWA. I also know of at least 1 person hired at same event/same position/same airport who’s rec’d their start date… so again, assuming it’s just a big backlog. 

CeceGirl29
Frequent Flyer C

@camcover I’m ground ops as well i received my CJO on 3/31 and got the email from Sterling on 4/1 that they running my background and also got my drug screen and fingerprints the same say and the next day i went and did my drug screen and fingerprint so I’m just waiting on my background and my all clear and my start date