Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Highlighted

Potential work at home employment Scam

New Arrival

I received a text message from Chris Howell stating that his recruiting team received my resume online and that they would like to do an online interview via Google Hangouts. I did the interview with a Mr. Dave Harvey and got the job, but it seems too good to be true. Can someone please tell me if this is real or a scam?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted

Re: Potential work at home employment Scam

New Arrival

Any feedback on this? I also experienced this same situation. I'm trying to find out how to report this. I was really excited but guess it really was too good to be true. 

Highlighted

Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi @SavageS and @cgarza413,

Unfortunately, this sounds like a potential scam. I can confirm that none of those steps fit within the Southwest Employment process. We will report this potential scam to the proper channels at Southwest.

Kelby
Southwest Careers
Highlighted

New Arrival

Thank you. 

Highlighted

New Arrival

I was contacted by Chris Howell via text alerting me about an opportunity with Southwest and to schedule an interview with Dave Harvey via Google Hangouts. I found that to be odd.l, but I went through with it anyway. The interview was via chat; no video. I was hired immediately for a work from home position. A laptop and a check would be sent to me via FedEx. The check would be to purchase software for the laptop.  

The emphasis was on the "cheque" and to deposit it right away.  I started researching and found this forum.  

Someone needs to catch these scammers.