Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Potentially hired?

ryanmontes
Adventurer C

Hello everyone! I know I've posted on here a few times and something interesting happened. I've applied for the ramp agent position in Midland Texas only twice or three times ( I live in El Paso, TX so I'd have to transfer somewhere for six months in order to work for Southwest in El Paso). Of those two or three times, I was not selected for an interview or anything.

Then, something happened Tuesday afternoon. I received an e-mail from Southwest asking me to do a video assessment for a ramp agent position I was no longer considered for. That caught my attention because I never had any type of interview with the Midland crew so I was very excited. I've applied at airports like Denver and Austin and have had virtual or phone interviews with them but with Midland, nothing.

Any emails I received from the Southwest crew at MAF specifically said that they appreciated my interest in applying but they weren't going to move forward with my application at the time. 

This particular e-mail I received on Tuesday said I was selected to move forward in the hiring process and they wanted me to do one of their six question video assessments. I did it yesterday and I would like to know how long I have to wait until I hear back. I'm very excited!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Potentially hired?

Passenger1C
Aviator C

Good luck to you. Remember to be patient as this process takes time. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

ryanmontes
Adventurer C

Thank you so much, I will!

ryanmontes
Adventurer C

I do have an update as of 8-9-23:

Screenshot_20230809-152204~2.png

hlyngibbs609
Explorer C

How did it take for a response after receiving this email? I applied for a position and got an email similar. I was wondering if that meant I was being considered or if it was just a standard message for applications