Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Software Engineer waiting for update on next round

priyanka
Explorer C

Hello heart,

I applied to the software engineer(R-2024-40128) position done with phone screening last Tuesday  , I didn't get any update until now about next round I heard from recruiter that I  will get update with in a week I know southwest is very popular and have large amount of applications and candidates to interview it is very short time to expect. still can Anyone help me with update are how long it takes to get another round or any update about my application .

Thanks,

Tulasi priyanka chirumamilla

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Software Engineer waiting for update on next round

NathanBriscoe
Explorer C

Hi 👋 I don't have any helpful input, but I've applied for similar positions and am waiting to hear back also. 

I hope you have a favorable outcome 🙏 

Anthony101990Jo
Explorer C
Solution

@priyanka wrote:

Hello heart,

I applied to the software engineer(R-2024-40128) position done with phone screening last Tuesday  , I didn't get any update until now about next round I heard from recruiter that I  will get update with in a week I know southwest is very popular and have large amount of applications and candidates to interview it is very short time to expect. still can Anyone help me with update are how long it takes to get another round or any update about my application .

Thanks,

Tulasi priyanka chirumamilla

I understand that waiting for an update after a job interview can be quite stressful. Generally, the time it takes to hear back after a phone screening can vary depending on the company’s hiring process and the number of applicants. For software engineering positions, it’s not uncommon for the entire interview process to take several weeks.

Here are a few steps you can take while waiting for an update:

Follow-Up: If it has been over a week since your phone screening, it’s appropriate to send a polite follow-up email to the recruiter asking for an update on your application status.

Patience: Continue to be patient, as the recruitment process often takes longer than expected, especially with popular and large companies.

Prepare: In the meantime, continue preparing for potential next steps in the interview process, such as technical or behavioral interviews.

priyanka
Explorer C
Solution

Hello  @adrienneb ,

Is their anyway i can get update regarding interview how long it takes or how can I reach out the recruiter I'm checking my spam folder every hour .

Thanks

adrienneb
Employee
Employee
Solution

Hi, @priyanka 

Thanks for your interest in a career with Southwest Airlines! 

There's not a set amount of time our application/interview process takes. Our Recruiting Team works to review applications in the order received just as quickly as can be, and the interview process takes the coordination of several folks - with the Recruiter, Hiring Leader, and any additional interviewers that should be present. I know the wait can feel like the hardest part, and I assure you our Team will reach out with an update just as soon as one is available. We appreciate your continued patience. 

priyanka
Explorer C

thanks, @adrienneb  for your reply I will patiently wait for the next round.

On Behalf of our Veterans and on a Quest to Provide Mental Health Resources

saltwater
Explorer C

Hi Adrienne,

I'm an Army veteran with over 21 years of service. I'm also the President of Saltwater Warriors.  We are a 501c3 nonprofit providing free mental health counseling to veterans.

I see Forbes ranked Southwest Airlines in the top 5 for companies hiring and supporting veterans.  I wanted to reach out and ask for your help in linking me up with your corporate responsibility contacts to see if there is an opportunity for collaboration. Saltwater Warriors can provide presentations to your veteran employees, linkage to counseling resources for veterans and a peer group experience on a charter fishing trip in the Gulf of Mexico.

Our goal is to reduce the stigma a lot of veterans have about seeking mental health counseling.

I would appreciate any help you can provide in pointing me in the right direction. My email is michael@saltwaterwarriors.org.

Thank you,

Michael Burns