Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

TOPS CSA TRAINING

danabanana
Explorer A

Hi you guys!

Is anyone else going to Dallas for training on the 21st of March :)? 

13 REPLIES 13

Re: TOPS CSA TRAINING

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

Can I be nosey? Lol. When was your start date? How was the first week of training? I am looking for some insight into what the time before Dallas is like. We are all excited to know. 😀 

Hr40025
Explorer C

I’m probably going on April 4 or the 11th 

danabanana
Explorer A

Ofc you can be nosey 😂 my official start date at my station was on 2/28 🙂 We did a week in SWA U and then 2 weeks of on the job training. Our station flew us out the day before Dallas. The first day is basically just orientation. You learn about the company and how it was founded (and much more too but it’s basically a chill day). You just go to your classes starting Tuesday and you have the weekend off. I’m not sure what hotel they’re going to put y’all in but ours offered free breakfast but you can also buy some at TOPS. You take your first test on Friday but it’s honestly not bad if you just pay attention in class and take notes. I would recommend renting a car if you don’t want to depend on the shuttle to take you to class and if you wanna explore Dallas. But it’s been really fun, just be responsible because you do have eyes on you. It’s okay to go out and have fun (take a couple of drinks or two 😏). I hope you have lots of fun, enjoy the time you spend here because it does go by quickly 🥲

PattiinPHX
Explorer A

Hi.  Are you allowed to use notes or manual or internal info (swalife) for tests?   Ty

danabanana
Explorer A

Hi! Our instructor let us use notes and he also helped us with the study guide 🙂

janie_1128
Explorer A

How has the training in Dallas? Did you have to report to work the next day. I have a graduation that day and was hoping I might be off.

danabanana
Explorer A

Im sorry for the late reply, I hope I’m not too late 😭 the training for CSA wasn’t that bad. As long as you were paying attention during your OTJ training and you’re paying attention in class, you’ll be fine. When I went, the majority of my station mates were in one class while 3 of us were in another. My station mates class did their last test the day before training was officially over and some of them got to go home that day. While in my class, we did our test on the last day but we were done by 8:30am and we were at the airport by 10am. It honestly all depends on your station if they want to give you that Friday off. My station gave us Friday and Saturday off and they gave us the opportunity to use our FTO for that Sunday. I know that a lot  co-hearts from other stations had to work the day after Dallas. It all depends on your station to be honest! I hope I answered your question (: I hope y’all have an amazing time at Dallas, enjoy every moment of it and stay safe! 

TPArampgirl
Frequent Flyer A

At my station, the class that just got back had to be at work bright and early at 6am on Friday. I think they got back late the evening before, too. It really does depend on your station. 

PattiinPHX
Explorer A

Me and 11 others from our PHX class