Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

This talent acquisition process is disheartening

NathanBriscoe
Explorer C

Perhaps this is not the appropriate place for a post like this, but it is the only place.

I have applied for several positions within technology, and for each one I have received a generic rejection a few weeks or a few months later. It feels like a sick game, and there is no personal response or further explanation to make it seem like anything less. Where is the heart in that?

I understand that there are limited resources and many applicants, but where should we be going for constructive feedback on our rejected applications (or can someone on this forum give a reasonable explanation)? 

1 REPLY 1

Re: This talent acquisition process is disheartening

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hi there, @NathanBriscoe. Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out & for your interest in joining the Southwest Family! 

I do see you've applied to a handful of roles in our Technology Department this year, and I'm sorry to hear that none of those have worked out just yet. In 2024, we announced we would be hiring less and there would be less opportunities to join our Team - but the ones out there are still super exciting and impactful work. This means that many of our postings have received more applications that in the past, because competition is higher for the fewer number of postings. Competition has been fierce!

My number one recommendation is to monitor the Careers site regularly and try to sort for positions that interest you by most recently posted. Getting your application in earlier increases your chances of being reviewed. It took me multiple times to get my role (and I know many, many others to be the same!) until someone shared that same advice with me. 

Your application for the Sr Software Engineer R-2024-45598 is pending, and I'm hopeful our Teams will have the opportunity to connect with you soon. Rooting for you! 

- Adrienne, Community Moderator