Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

career connections and in process

archeryoung
Explorer C

Hello wonderful people, I hope everyone is having a good time. I tried to get into the career connections team meetings today, but it wouldn't let me, while on my computer it kept telling me that I need a work or school account to have access, then I tried on my phone and it got me in the waiting room stating "someone in the meeting will let me in soon" but i feel like I was too late at that point lol. idk if I need a southwest work email to get in or not. 

9 REPLIES 9

Re: career connections and in process

KumynieH
Explorer C

Hi! They actually didn’t have a meeting yesterday. The next one is on the 27th

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

Hey there, @archeryoung!

Thanks so much for reaching out & for looking to join our Career Connections webinar this week! The webinar has an adjusted schedule for the summer, and there was no episode this week. Check out the details below for June's itinerary! 

• June 6: We're taking the week off and look forward to connecting next week.  
  • June 13: It’s our Birthday Week at Southwest! Join us as we “Celebrate the View at 52” and discuss our Culture, benefits, and available opportunities. We’ll also preview some of the updates coming to Career Connections.

• June 20: Enjoy an hour back in your day to do something fun, and we’ll see you next week!

• June 27: Let's talk Total Rewards—the many ways Southwest rewards you to support yourself and your loved ones! You likely know a little about our medical, dental, and vision benefits, but what about everything else? Employment at Southwest comes with a valuable mix of benefits, perks, and privileges as part of our comprehensive Total Rewards package. Our offerings are robust, and we'll welcome a Team Member from our Total Rewards Department to share insight into our jobs built on partnership.

Hope we can catch you next Tuesday! It's going to be a fun conversation about benefits, perks, and privileges at Southwest! 

archeryoung
Explorer C

Thank you for the information adrienneb 🙏🏾, 2 kind fellows gave me some good advice on my other post, but i would like to see your insight on it as well. Please, I would greatly appreciate if you went over to my next post and give me your 2 cents.

Cmanningham
Explorer A

I’m trying to get on the meeting today, but it isn’t working this time. It says someone in the meeting will let me in, but I’ve been waiting. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

Cmanningham
Explorer A

Please disregard! 😉

AdamS
Explorer A

@Cmanningham wrote:

I’m trying to get on the meeting today, but it isn’t working this time. It says someone in the meeting will let me in, but I’ve been waiting. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

I don't know I had the same issues to be honest...

Cmanningham
Explorer A

Thanks for your reply! Perseverance paid off, and I eventually got in ❤️

I LUV the Career Connections webinars!

adrienneb
Employee
Employee

You are so welcome, @Cmanningham!

Here's an insider scoop on the July schedule as well! We should be sharing this with all Candidates on Friday, but you get to hear it here first for being a Career Connections fan! 😀

• July 4: We’re taking the week off in observance of Independence Day.
  • July 11: Are you curious about contract opportunities at Southwest? With some recent updates to these roles, we'll welcome our Staffing Recruiters to shed some light on what you can expect and help you understand how to find and apply for these opportunities. 

• July 18: Enjoy some time back in your day as we prepare for our after-hours webinar next week.

• July 25 (5:00 p.m. CT): You’ve often heard us discuss our Culture, benefits, and what you can expect throughout your Candidate journey at Southwest, but we’re taking it a step further this week. In this after-hours discussion, we’ll share more information, stories, and tips than in the usual 20 minutes scheduled each week. We hope you’ll join us for a great discussion delivered with mocktails in hand! 

Cmanningham
Explorer A

@adrienneb thank you! It’s so kind of you to share the  inside scoop with me. 

I hope the Career Connections Cohearts have a great week off and a fun, safe Independence Day 🎉❤️