Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

how long is the employment screening?

AxionSyb
New Arrival

Hello i accepted a job for the ops position back in early may and did fingerprints and drug screening the week of the 24th and haven't heard anything. they say it's a long process but it's been a month since i accepted the job offer. wondering if it's normal for this to be thing long. 

2 REPLIES 2

Re: how long is the employment screening?

joannaf
Employee
Employee

Hi @AxionSyb

Thank you for reaching out about this! I am sorry to hear you haven't heard much since accepting your contingent job offer and completing the background screening requirements. I would certainly advise you to check your junk and spam folders. While you are in the background process, you may receive communication from the Employment Screening team rather than a Recruiter of Coordinator you might have spoken to in the past. 

You should also have the email address of the Recruiter that conducted your phone interview or virtual interview, so I would recommend reaching out to them if you see you haven't missed any emails. 

I'll also say, we have been fortunate to interview and extend many job offers to candidates for various roles, so the employment screening process could certainly be taking a little longer than usual. We certainly appreciate your patience and understanding with this! 

Joanna F.

Re: how long is the employment screening?

AxionSyb
New Arrival

Hello Joanna, i reached out to my employment screening agent on Friday and she said that the process is still on going so i guess it's just a long process to ensure everyone has a clean background.