Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Atlanta staff Brandon Harris

Karla7or
Explorer C

Brandon Harris at the ATL airport was super rude since our first conversation . First, I was first on the stand by list and he never called my name in the speaker. I was there 2 hours before boarding so there was no way I wouldn’t have heard it. He gave the empty seats to the stand by people last on the list and they seemed to be friends. Second when I asked for a supervisor and for his name he lied about his name. I found his real name because of the supervisor. Please do better.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Atlanta staff Brandon Harris

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Karla7or wrote:

Brandon Harris at the ATL airport was super rude since our first conversation . First, I was first on the stand by list and he never called my name in the speaker. I was there 2 hours before boarding so there was no way I wouldn’t have heard it. He gave the empty seats to the stand by people last on the list and they seemed to be friends. Second when I asked for a supervisor and for his name he lied about his name. I found his real name because of the supervisor. Please do better.

Hello-

Sorry to hear this happened to you. As this forum is customer-to-customer, this board unfortunately cannot process your letter about your Standby List incident. I would send your letter in an email directly to Southwest Customer Relations:
https://support.southwest.com/helpcenter/s/email-us

Click on "Complaint", "Airport Experience", and "Boarding"

Allow them a few days to process your letter.

Note that the Standby List has the following priority order which could describe why those who were listed after yours may have been confirmed ahead of you:
1. Customers who are re-accommodated following flight disruptions
2. A-List Preferred and A-List Rapid Reward Members prioritized based on fare (Business Select, Anytime, Wanna Get Away Plus, Wanna Get Away)
3. All other Customers prioritized by the same fare order

https://www.southwest.com/airfare-types-benefits/sameday-standby-change/

However, I would still email the airline as it appears there was deliberate misinformation given regarding the name of the gate agent and how this was handled. 

Re: Atlanta staff Brandon Harris

dfwskier
Aviator A

As SoCalFlyer mentioned, standby order is not just necessarily a function of when people sign up. Other factors determine exactly where you end up on the list.

It can change as people sign up for standby. I remember one time a few years back I was #2 on the list and there were at least 8 seats available. I was pretty sure that I was going to catch that flight. As time passed, I kept falling in order down the list. By the time boarding started I was #14 -- and I did not make the flight.