Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

DIA Lost Luggage on Jan 7th

Ashton4365
Explorer C

I flew out of DIA today and there was problems with the baggage service for maybe 90 mins. My bags never made it on the plane. Over 12 hours later my bags are still in Denver. According to the bag tracker it still says it was tagged. I even chatted in while in flight and the agent I spoke with said they can see it was loaded on the plane. Lies!! When I got to Orlando the baggage agent there said it is very clear it was never loaded.

Calling was no help and they said there was no guarantee of finding the luggage OR being reimbursed for expenses while traveling for new clothes etc. “It’s up to corporate” 

I always thought highly of Southwest but this is making me feel otherwise. I have 5 days of conferences with nothing to wear but a t-shirt and hoodie. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: DIA Lost Luggage on Jan 7th

Ashton4365
Explorer C

Over 24 hours now and still no updates. 😢

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@Ashton4365 wrote:

I flew out of DIA today and there was problems with the baggage service for maybe 90 mins. My bags never made it on the plane. Over 12 hours later my bags are still in Denver. According to the bag tracker it still says it was tagged. I even chatted in while in flight and the agent I spoke with said they can see it was loaded on the plane. Lies!! When I got to Orlando the baggage agent there said it is very clear it was never loaded.

Calling was no help and they said there was no guarantee of finding the luggage OR being reimbursed for expenses while traveling for new clothes etc. “It’s up to corporate” 

I always thought highly of Southwest but this is making me feel otherwise. I have 5 days of conferences with nothing to wear but a t-shirt and hoodie. 

Hello!

This forum is customer-to-customer. It looks like you already initiated a claim at MCO regarding the baggage separation within the four hour window. Were you able to attempt to track your bag via baggage claim tracker tool:
https://app.nettracer.aero/pax/southwest/bso/login?src=HLP

Click on "Did not arrive", "Continue", and enter your last name and flight confirmation # into the fields to track.

If that doesn't work, I would try calling SW Baggage Servicses again with the report number received at MCO:
(888) 202-1024

NautiMama
Explorer C

We were on the same flight with all the luggage chaos. None of our luggage made the flight. As of right now 3 came in this morning from Denver, 1 was routed to Kansas City and the other 2 are still showing tagged in Denver. Here’s to hoping we are all reunited with our belongings.