Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Jeep Wagons allowed or too big?

tpaul11
Explorer C

Hello!

We are traveling with 4 kids and are wanting to bring our Jeep Wrangler Deluxe 4 Seater Stroller Wagon with us to the airport but are worried about the size. Here is the information on the wagon we have. Would we still be able to check it at the gate?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Jeep Wagons allowed or too big?

SoCalFlyer97
Aviator C

@tpaul11 wrote:

Hello!

We are traveling with 4 kids and are wanting to bring our Jeep Wrangler Deluxe 4 Seater Stroller Wagon with us to the airport but are worried about the size. Here is the information on the wagon we have. Would we still be able to check it at the gate?

Greetings!

That's a nice stroller wagon!

Ordinarily, such wagons are treated as strollers which can be brought through TSA (either folded and ran through the X-Ray machine if it fits or hand-inspected) and then checked at the gate with the optional arrangement to have it picked up on the jet bridge upon arrival at your destination. It would not count against the two free checked bags per passenger.

The wagon you refer to certainly appears huge, has a bunch of nice add-on's, and has very high folding dimensions. As this forum is customer-to-customer, I would contact SW Customer Service directly to be sure. I think as long as no separate items are "packed" within the wagon during transport, you should be fine but I would confirm. Email inquiries to them usually takes a few days for a reply, I would instead contact them by sending a DM via Twitter/X with a picture of the wagon, link to the Amazon page, the folded dimensions, and weight. 

If they affirm that this wagon is a go, I would also plan on bringing some kind of protective cover for it. 

Hope this helps!

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@SoCalFlyer97 wrote:

@tpaul11 wrote:

Hello!

Greetings!

That's a nice stroller wagon!

Ordinarily, such wagons are treated as strollers which can be brought through TSA (either folded and ran through the X-Ray machine if it fits or hand-inspected) and then checked at the gate with the optional arrangement to have it picked up on the jet bridge upon arrival at your destination. It would not count against the two free checked bags per passenger.

The wagon you refer to certainly appears huge, has a bunch of nice add-on's, and has very high folding dimensions. As this forum is customer-to-customer, I would contact SW Customer Service directly to be sure. I think as long as no separate items are "packed" within the wagon during transport, you should be fine but I would confirm. Email inquiries to them usually takes a few days for a reply, I would instead contact them by sending a DM via Twitter/X with a picture of the wagon, link to the Amazon page, the folded dimensions, and weight. 

If they affirm that this wagon is a go, I would also plan on bringing some kind of protective cover for it. 

Hope this helps!

If it fits in a blue bag you are good. 

https://www.swathestore.com/swathestore/Southwest-Stroller-Bag/p-SWA0456

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

LMP99
Explorer C

Did it work? We are planning on taking our jeep two seater wagon. I called & asked if it was allowed, she said yes but didn’t seem to understand what I was saying. I offered to give measurements & she said it wasn’t necessary! Still a little hesitant on if it’ll be allowed.