Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Stolen items from BWI flight to Orlando

Kymistry7
Explorer C

So, unfortunately, in haste of not having a super heavy carry on bag.

I borrowed a small duffel from my daughter to put some items in it that were quite heavy.

ect. my makeup bag, a couple of books, some small toiletries a few other items and sadly and accidentally my jewelry.

Yup, i didn't realize until we were on the plane and the bags had already been checked that my jewelry bag was not in my carry on.

As soon as we arrived in Orlando and I retrieved my bag and found there wasn't any jewelry in the bag.

Still not believing this could happen, I believed I must have left  it at my daughters house. 

I waited until she got home, a week later, to see if my jewelry was sitting on the bed in guest room or somewhere else.

It was not.

I had around $20,000.00 worth of jewelry in that bag.

Nothing else was missing from that duffle, except the small pink jewelry bag.

My home insurance will only cover $1,500. 

I need to get a police report from both airports, before I can get that money.

So terribly disappointed.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Stolen items from BWI flight to Orlando

inspiredweb
Explorer C

I am so sorry this happened to you. This happened to me many years ago on a flight coming back from Europe through JFK. I had one bag that was taking a very long time to come through customs and it wasn't until 2 days after I got home that I discovered most of my jewelry was stolen. It was as if someone took their hand and just swiped through the bag. It's an awful feeling, I know. 

Re: Stolen items from BWI flight to Orlando

gabelogan99
Explorer A

I'm afraid I don't follow....