Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What is the best gear for traveling with families?

CarlyeThornton
Employee
Employee

What are your favorite bags, strollers, and accessories for family travel?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: What is the best gear for traveling with families?

plusmommy
Explorer A

A baby carrier or wrap is invaluable for navigating airports and during flights, especially when you need to keep your hands free to handle documents and luggage or help other kiddos.

I also highly recommend a diaper bag that's a backpack—keep those hands free! Lastly, spill-proof snack containers can help manage messes, keep snacks organized, and keep kids happy.

jasminealley
Explorer B

Here are five baby items I swear by:
The Doona is a game-changer! Especially when your baby is little, it’s the only stroller you need to travel with since it’s a car seat and stroller in one!
Now that James is older (the Doona has a weight/height limit which means your baby typically outgrows it by 15 months), we travel with the Cybex Libelle stroller since it folds up so small (you can put it in the overhead compartment!). I love that it doesn’t take up trunk space, which means we don’t need to spend money on a bigger rental car at our destination.
The Guava Lotus travel crib is the most compact travel crib I’ve found! It packs up into a backpack, which makes transporting it really easy.
I also love my Doona diaper bag backpack because it is unisex, so my husband wears it when we travel! I have the XL Indie bag, which fits a ton of stuff. It also has a luggage pass-through if you don’t want to wear it as a backpack at the airport.

Lastly, a baby carrier is tremendously helpful! I love my Baby K’tan and Baby Bjorn Baby Carrier One Air! So helpful to wear your baby through security!

jasminealley
Explorer B

** my Dagne Dover diaper bag! (Not Doona)

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

We have been through about five of these!

Southwest Stroller Bag (swathestore.com)

They usually have them at the counter though, you don't have to buy them online.

I don't mean to say they aren't durable - they are definitely getting a workout. 

Now we are only bringing the booster seats so on the tail end of it. No more strollers.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.