Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

What's the real answer about transferring a LUV voucher?

kstropich
Explorer C

I have a LUV voucher that is expiring later this month. I keep reading different information regarding if this can be transferred to another passenger or not. I will not be able to travel before the expiration date and don't want it to go unused. 

So what's the final answer? Can it be transferred, or does it have to be used by the person who's name is on it? Thanks for your help!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: What's the real answer about transferring a LUV voucher?

bec102896
Aviator A

Hello

so a LUV voucher can be used by anyone but once ticketed with a LUV voucher it is becomes apart of a travel fund. when it is a travel fund it is non transferable and the fund remains in the name of the ticketed passenger(s). 

Hope this helps 

Blake 

chgoflyer
Aviator A

Vouchers can be used by anyone. You don't even need to "transfer," just give them the voucher number and code. Be aware that all travel must be completed (not just booked) by the expiration date.

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@chgoflyer wrote:

Vouchers can be used by anyone. You don't even need to "transfer," just give them the voucher number and code. Be aware that all travel must be completed (not just booked) by the expiration date.

Don't drop the voucher on the ground at the airport - literally anyone could pick it up and use it.

They would be jerks for doing that without trying to find you or turn it in to Southwest since your  name will be on there, but I'm sure it happens.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.