Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Application for Associate NPOC Analyst - R-2024-46387

ewalsh190
Explorer C

Hello there,

I recently applied for the Associate NPOC Analyst - R-2024-46387 and was rejected immediately upon submitting my application.

I wondered if I made an error in the questionnaire section - the application asked for my knowledge of certain skills and software in the "Preferred Skills" section of the job description (Alteryx, VBA, SQL, Tableau). While I had some of those preferred skills, I didn't have all of them, so I answered the questionnaire as such. I 

I am quite interested in this role as it is one of the first entry level roles I have seen posted in a little while and my education, previous airline experience, and background really align. I'd appreciate any help anyone may be able to provide regarding this!

@adrienneb - I've seen others tag you for help, thank you for your time. I applied using a different email than this one, I used epwalsh@syr.edu . Once again thank you! 🙂

1 REPLY 1

Re: Application for Associate NPOC Analyst - R-2024-46387

billi-chohan
Explorer C
Solution

Hello!

I can understand how frustrating it is to have your application rejected, especially when you're eager to join a role that aligns with your skills and experience. It's possible that the system flagged your application due to the missing preferred skills, even though you meet most of the qualifications.

In situations like this, it might be helpful to reach out directly to the hiring team for more insight. If you feel confident about your alignment with the role, consider reapplying or contacting the recruiter to express your continued interest.

By the way, if you're exploring other opportunities or areas to grow your skills, you might want to look into emerging fields such as blockchain technology or crypto. Speaking of which, if you're curious about investment opportunities, especially in early-stage projects, you can check out this crypto presale happening right now.

Wishing you the best of luck with your job search! Hopefully, you'll find the perfect fit soon.