Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Error trying to post on this board

ndimitru
Explorer B

I am trying to post a message about upgrading boarding, and get the error :

You used a bad word, ess tee r ooh kay ee  - epelling this out since I cannot quote the error message!, in the body of your post. Please clean up the body before posting.

I have checked multiple times and there are no bad words, and not the word that is in the  in the message at all.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Error trying to post on this board

ndimitru
Explorer B

Just tried to post it again, and it posted, but then it was marked as SPAM.  my message is just asking a question, and I reference the error details I get. Is there a restriction on posting error message and details?

ndimitru
Explorer B

Error Code: 40063235204/11/2024 - 09:18:07

Incident Identifier: 0.d63a2f17.1712848684.2c9687b : afde6abc-0b3a-4926-9f13-06e3ffd33a5c

ndimitru
Explorer B

Flight departing on 4/9, tried to purchase upgraded position, I was charged but no upgraded position! Then again today, for flight departing tomorrow, tried to purchase and again got an error!

I checked in on the app, then went to the website on a pc to purchase, and got the below error. The error last week was THIS FLIGHT HAS ALREADY DEPARTED AND IS INELIGIBLE... this on April 8 for an April 9 flight.

Two Reps on phone, folks at counter, and at gate all could not resolve the issue.

Anyone else having issues?

ndimitru
Explorer B

So there was my post, and the error details I had in my message. That was flagged first as:

You used a bad word, st*, in the body of your post. Please clean up the body before posting.

Then was flagged as SPAM.

Not sure what is going on? Is the AI  hallucinating?

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

Hola! Several weeks ago, I had repeat issues with the spam bot and a number of false-positives with the bad-word filter.

For the spam bot, this happens specifically whenever I post any kind of phone number (even if it's an official Southwest number); or when I make a quick edit to a post or prep a post in a separate text editor, copy+paste it into the form, and submit it too quickly.

Both reasons are completely valid: I assume it would not be good for the public to post scam or phishing phone numbers. Same with any bot-generated posts. 

Unfortunately, when a false-positive occurs, the spam bot does not disclose the reason for the flag other than "This Post/Reply has been marked as spam" which makes troubleshooting a matter of trial-and-error to resolve. A few months ago, I posted content and called out a Boeing 737-(Eight Hundred) aircraft and the post got automatically flagged. It took me numerous tries to figure out what was causing the spam bot to trip. I found that writing "Eight Hundred" in number form tripped the bot as the AI thought I was typing a phone number. I was able to rectify by keying in 737-8H4 as the plane which is the technical suffix. I think the IT staff was made aware of this bug.

For the bad-word filter, I had my share of false-positives too. E.g. Whenever I call out the world-wide tourist destination along Las Vegas Boulevard by it's proper name (Las Vegas [blank]), the filter trips. Same with using the most-simpified synonym of the word difficult.

Hope this helps.

dfwskier
Aviator A

I bet  you could have typed s.t.r.i.p

dfwskier
Aviator A

The second line in the red box tells you the "bad word" you used. Some words are "bad" in one context and not in another. The screener isn;t smart enough to make the  differentiation.

ndimitru
Explorer B

The error would have made sense if I had actually USED the bad word in the error message, in my message.

But nowhere in my message was the work "ess tee r oh kee ee" used.

Hope the IT folks get this, since it really looks like an AI hallucination.