Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

LUV “my” Airline

TraumaRN
Explorer B

Yesterday, my faith in Southwest Airlines soared to new heights. Despite a two-hour delay initially attributed to weather, the true reason unfolded as we reached the gate – several Marines in dress blues, standing in solemn tribute. The announcement from the USO revealed that we were awaiting the arrival of a fallen soldier, his final journey home entrusted to our flight. The care and respect shown by the gate, ramp, and flight crews were nothing short of remarkable.

Onboard, the captain humbly acknowledged the honor, privilege, and profound responsibility felt by both the crew and first officer in ensuring the safe transport of this precious cargo to their awaiting loved ones. Southwest, you’ve earned my deepest admiration and loyalty.

Thank you for your unwavering commitment and the countless ways you serve us each day. It might be a thankless job at times, much like trauma care, but it’s always a joy and privilege to serve those who rely on us when it matters most. With immense LUV and loyalty, TraumaRN

3 REPLIES 3

Re: LUV “my” Airline

tappingmom1
Frequent Flyer B

Thank you so much for posting this!

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@TraumaRN wrote:

Yesterday, my faith in Southwest Airlines soared to new heights. Despite a two-hour delay initially attributed to weather, the true reason unfolded as we reached the gate – several Marines in dress blues, standing in solemn tribute. The announcement from the USO revealed that we were awaiting the arrival of a fallen soldier, his final journey home entrusted to our flight. The care and respect shown by the gate, ramp, and flight crews were nothing short of remarkable.

Onboard, the captain humbly acknowledged the honor, privilege, and profound responsibility felt by both the crew and first officer in ensuring the safe transport of this precious cargo to their awaiting loved ones. Southwest, you’ve earned my deepest admiration and loyalty.

Thank you for your unwavering commitment and the countless ways you serve us each day. It might be a thankless job at times, much like trauma care, but it’s always a joy and privilege to serve those who rely on us when it matters most. With immense LUV and loyalty, TraumaRN

I LUV hearing stories like these. Thanks for sharing! 

floridaguy
Aviator C

I agree.  Excellent and thanks for sharing.