Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Photo on Discussion Forum Profile

MonicaEberz
Explorer B

@DancingDavidE 

This feels like a silly question, but how did you get your profile picture uploaded so that it shows next to you name.  I uploaded a picture, but don't know how to link it to my avatar.

Monica

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Photo on Discussion Forum Profile

MonicaEberz
Explorer B

@DancingDavidE 

Also, if I wanted to send this to you as a PM instead of making a new post, how would I do that?

Thanks so much for any help you can provide.

Monica

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

This might be a staff question, it's been so long I'm not sure where the menu was. Also for DM's you  may need to reach a higher level on the board before that opens up. The restriction might be to keep spam bots in check but unfortunately the impact is to limit accounts at the beginning for all users.

Maybe @CarlyeThornton can help.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

CarlyeThornton
Employee
Employee

Thanks for flagging, @DancingDavidE!

Hi Monica -- To make the image your avatar, you'll need to click on your name on the top right of the website and select "My Settings." Scroll down and select "Avatars." You should be able to apply from there, or simply just upload the photo again. 

Hope this helps!

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@CarlyeThornton wrote:

Thanks for flagging, @DancingDavidE!

Hi Monica -- To make the image your avatar, you'll need to click on your name on the top right of the website and select "My Settings." Scroll down and select "Avatars." You should be able to apply from there, or simply just upload the photo again. 

Hope this helps!

Hi Carlye-

I've been wanting to use an image too for my Avatar but have never been able to set it as I don't see the "Avatar" option when going to "My Settings":

Screenshot 2024-01-02 132715.png

Attempting to change the avatar through the photo album brings up an error: "Access Denied - You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action."

I therefore originally assumed that this feature was reserved to certain accounts. However, upon looking at your reply, I would like to use this feature too.

I think the security settings for regular users including the OP @MonicaEberz and my account will need to be adjusted for us to use it.

Thanks! 

MonicaEberz
Explorer B

Hi @CarlyeThornton 

Thanks so much for quickly responding to my question!  

Unfortunately, like @SoCalFlyer97 , I also can't find "avatar" anywhere under my settings or my profile.

Any other ideas?  I appreciate your kindness.

Thanks so much. - Monica

MonicaEberz
Explorer B

Hey Dancing Dave - Thanks for tagging Carlye!

HumaniDD
Explorer C

Hey Monica, you're not crazy, I also am very new and I can't see the "avatar" option under settings.  it must have been disabled, or maybe it's not available until you attain a certain level of frequency on the board...