Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Registration and Flight Status

craigclayton59
Explorer C

Firstly, this forum registration process is wonky.  If a mistake is made you have to reenter ALL information.   App should save everything except that which is incorrect/incomplete. 

secondly, when checking flight status if you have flight number there is NO REASON to enter the to and from city. 

come on SWA software engineers, catch up with current development trends!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Registration and Flight Status

bec102896
Aviator A

First with the registration for this forum I’ll be sure to pass on the feedback to the mods I haven’t gone though the registration on here in a long time so not sure what the deal is there but yeah the re enter sounds annoying. CC @CarlyeThornton 

with regards to the flight status I do agree that you should be able to enter a flight number or the city pairs but the best thing we can do for now as customers is share the feedback with Southwest by clicking on the contact us link at the bottom of this page. I will say not everyone knows the flight number so keeping the city search makes sense to me but if you know the flight number it shouldn’t make you enter the cities as well. I’m guessing the reason you have to enter the city pairs though is Southwest flight numbers can operate multiple segments so some might be confused if they type in a flight number and see 5 flights but personally I like seeing the full route anyway 

Re: Registration and Flight Status

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@craigclayton59 wrote:

secondly, when checking flight status if you have flight number there is NO REASON to enter the to and from city. 

That isn't completely correct - the same flight number in many cases follows an airplane across the country through four (or more?) stops.

So tracking your flight by flight number only won't be sufficient on those routes where the flight number continues across multiple stops.

Some flight numbers are indeed between one city pair and that's it - in that case yes it is over specified.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.