Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Southwest App will not stay logged in.

mpenkala11
Explorer C

It is very frustrating to get to the Southwest kiosk and the app is not logged in.  I have to re-log in every time.  I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.  This has been happening for awhile but I am finally trying to fix it.  Can anybody help with this?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Southwest App will not stay logged in.

SoCalFlyer97
Frequent Flyer A

@mpenkala11 wrote:

It is very frustrating to get to the Southwest kiosk and the app is not logged in.  I have to re-log in every time.  I have a Samsung Galaxy 10.  This has been happening for awhile but I am finally trying to fix it.  Can anybody help with this?

Hello!

This forum is customer-to-customer. As a frequent SW flyer who uses the App regularly, I have not been able to reproduce this symptom of having to log in every time I launch the App (tried launching the App via different Wi-Fi and 5G network connections and I was good to go; not asked to provide my log in credentials even when I look up my flights). However, there have been a few times where the app randomly asks me to log back in whenever I launch it, but not every time. Assuming this happens following an App update.

Since you have a Samsung phone, assuming you have an Android; I would first confirm your Android System is current. Also try clearing the cache of the App through the Android App settings to see if that rectifies this issue. If you still have problems after this, I would check your security settings on your phone to ensure the SW app is able to save data such as your login credentials locally to the phone. After that, I would try a complete uninstall/fresh re-install. After that, if you're still having to log in every time when you launch the App, it's possible there may be a bug which should be reported directly to Southwest:

https://www.southwest.com/html/contact-us/

You can also try utilizing the SW mobile website instead of the App as you can retrieve your flight information from there too so you can use the kiosks.

Hope this helps!

floridaguy
Aviator C

In my experience, the app will log you out if you do not start the app from time to time.  In other words, if too much time goes by and the app is not used, then it will log you out.

I have no idea the time sequence but that has been my experience.

RookyDave
Explorer C

I'm having the same issue using Pixel 6a phone.  It's not every time I use the app, but frequently.

I flew Tuesday and Friday last week. After logging in on Tuesday, I remained logged in for Friday's flight.  Today (Monday) I had to log into the App again.