I still can't believe Volaris has not taken advantage of flying to El Paso so that Southwest passengers can have a more convenient way of connecting to Mexico. And I can't believe Southwest Airlines can't see what a goldmine El Paso would be for them if they had Volaris in El Paso.
... View more
Why can't Volaris offer flights from El Paso? El Paso is right in the middle so it could connect cities in the West and cities in the East to places like Mexico DF, Acapulco, Mazatlan, and Guadalajara. Frontier Airlines used to fly from El Paso to several Mexican cities as did Continental back in the 1980s. With too many people afraid to travel to Juarez, and since so many Juarenses have moved to El Paso, it only makes sense to have flights to El Paso. El Paso would make the perfect connecting city for Volaris and Southwest.
... View more
It would make a lot of sense for Southwest and Volaris to use El Paso as a major hub to connect the two airlines together.
Here are 10 reasons why:
1. El Paso is in the middle of the US and Mexico. Flights from the west and east could easily connect giving both airlines a central hub instead of having to have one hub for the west (Phoenix or LA) and one for the east (Houston, Dallas).
2. El Paso is a bilingual city. Almost everyone communicates in both languages so the need to hunt down bilingual workers would be solved.
3. El Paso's weather is better suited as a hub since weather delays would be minimal if not existent - at least El Paso's weather would not be blamed for any delays due to weather.
4. El Paso's airport is smaller than Denver, LAX, Dallas, Houston Phoenix - connections would be a breeze for customers.
5. Many El Pasoans understand both cultures and would make customers from both countries feel more at ease when travelling and making connections.
6. Southwest is the major airline in El Paso. Most people flying into El Paso are already frequent and loyal Southwest customers.
7. Other airlines flying into El Paso could take advantage of the El Paso to Mexico destination services, giving both Southwest and Volaris more revenue.
8. While waiting for their connections, passengers from Mexico could get a taste of Americana at El Paso's airport while American passengers could get a taste of Mexico. El Paso's airport provides a mixture of American and Mexican food (and not just plain airport food but actually with a very tasteful menu!)
9. ELP has been remodeled and modernized and could accomodate the additional traffic easily.
10. Volaris would have no competition from other Mexican airlines as it would be the sole provider of flights from El Paso to Mexico. Many El Pasoans travel to Mexico now by either going to the airport in Juarez (now a dangerous endevour) or by connecting in Phoenix, Dallas, or Houston.
... View more