Celebrating LUV Day—the Southwest Way!
Celebrating LUV Day—the Southwest Way!
02-14-2014 07:50 AMjnewth
02-14-2014 07:50 AM
How are you celebrating LUV Day? As the official LUV Airline, we’re making Valentine’s dreams a reality by surprising dozens of Customers from Coast to Coast with $500 in southwestgiftcards®! And that’s not all! Our LUVing Customers nationwide have a chance to win $1,000 in southwestgiftcards® to enjoy their very own LUV travels by going on our Facebook page and liking our LUV Day video! Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to spread the LUV to our Customers! Unsuspecting Passengers were greeted by Southwest Airlines Employees and gifted with $500 in southwestgiftcards®, giving them the freedom to fly to any of Southwest’s 96 destinations. Whether looking to visit a LUVed one or to take someone special on a getaway, we’re making it possible this Valentine’s Day by giving the gift of travel. The southwestgiftcard® is easy to redeem online at southwest.com, by phone at 1-800- I FLY SWA, or at any Southwest Airlines ticket counter. No fees. No expiration. Ever! See official rules below for details. If you are still looking for a gift, don’t get them something, get them somewhere. Happy LUV Day—the Southwest way! LUV Day in a Big Way Sweepstakes Official Rules Sweepstakes: LUV Day in a Big Way NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. VOID IN PUERTO RICO AND WHERE PROHIBITED. 1. How to Enter the Sweepstakes a. Southwest Airlines’ LUV Day in a Big Way (“Sweepstakes”) will run for a portion of February 14, 2014. (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes entry period is: February 14: 6:00 a.m. C.T. until 11:59 p.m. C.T. During the Sweepstakes entry period potential entrants should “like” the video posted to our Southwest Airlines Fan Page on Facebook® to enter the Sweepstakes and be directed to the official rules on the Nuts About Southwest blog. b. To participate in the Sweepstakes, you may enter via the following method: “Like” the video posted to our Southwest Airlines Fan Page on Facebook®. All entries submitted will not be acknowledged or returned. Use of any device to automate entry is prohibited. Proof of submission of an entry shall not be deemed proof of receipt by Southwest. Southwest Airlines’ computer is the official time keeping device for the Sweepstakes. Southwest is not responsible for entries not received due to difficulty accessing the internet, service outage or delays, computer difficulties or other technological glitches. By entering this Sweepstakes, you agree to abide by these Official Rules and acknowledge that this Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by or associated with Facebook® and you agree to hold Facebook® and each of their parent, subsidiary and affiliated corporations, and the officers, shareholders, directors, employees, agents and representatives of same harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from use or misuse of a prize or participation in the Sweepstakes. c. One “like” per person is permitted for the Sweepstakes entry period. Any person found using multiple Facebook® accounts to enter will be found to be ineligible. 2. Eligibility Restrictions a. The Sweepstakes is open to all legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, excluding Rhode Island, who are 18 years of age or older and the age of majority in their place of residence and have a valid e-mail address and Facebook® account as of the beginning of any Sweepstakes entry period. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. The Sweepstakes is offered only in the United States. Employees of Southwest Airlines, AirTran Airways, and the members of their immediate families (spouse and parents, children and siblings and their spouses) and individuals living in the same households of such employees are ineligible to enter or win. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. b. Only one winner per household is permitted in any Sweepstakes administered by Southwest Airlines. c. Entrants are required to provide truthful information and Sponsor will reject and delete any entry that it discovers to be false or fraudulent. Sponsor will disqualify any entry from individuals who do not meet the eligibility requirements, and will also delete any entry received from persons under the age of 13 in compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act. 3. Prize: a. Grand Prize: One (1) winner will be awarded ten (10) Southwest Airlines southwestgiftcard® in the amount of $100.00 each; totaling $1,000. Gift cards are subject to the terms and conditions listed below. The southwestgiftcard® may not be sold to a third party. Prize must be accepted as awarded. Total Approximate Prize Value (“APV”) of the grand prize is $1,000.00. No prize substitutions, or cash equivalent of prize permitted except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Prize subject to availability and the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to award a prize of greater or equal value if the advertised prize is unavailable. Taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the prize are solely the responsibility of the winner. b. In the event that a prize is mailed to the winner, it will be with the prior written consent of the winner and therefore, winner assumes the risk of its loss. Sponsor is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize. c. southwestgiftcard® Terms & Conditions
- i. A southwestgiftcard is non-refundable.
- ii. A southwestgiftcard has no expiration date.
- iii. A southwestgiftcard is fully transferrable.
- iv. A southwestgiftcard is not replaceable if lost, stolen, or destroyed.
- v. A southwestgiftcard is VOID if altered or obtained fraudulently.
- vi. A southwestgiftcard has no value until activated. It is activated after payment clears.
- vii. A southwestgiftcard is not a credit or debit card and has no implied warranties.
- viii. Southwest Airlines reserves the right, and holder or purchaser of the card agrees that Southwest Airlines may at any time change the terms of the program or contract with another third party to administer the southwestgiftcard program.
- ix. A southwestgiftcard may not be resold by any unlicensed vendor under penalty of law; unlawful resale or attempted resale is grounds for seizure and cancellation without compensation.
- x. A southwestgiftcard can only be used for Passenger travel on Southwest Airlines, excluding Southwest Airlines group tickets.
- xi. A southwestgiftcard may only be redeemed at southwest.com, by calling Southwest Airlines at 1-800-435-9792 (1-800 I FLY SWA) and at Southwest Airlines ticket counter locations.
- xii. A southwestgiftcard is not valid for the purchase of Southwest Airlines Vacation Packages and Jackpot Deals® packages, cargo, hotel, rental car, Southwest Airlines merchandise, Southwest Airlines group tickets, additional southwestgiftcards, EarlyBird Check-In, international baggage fees, or inflight purchases.
- xiii. Domestic oversized and excess baggage, sales tax, security fees, passenger facilities charges, pet fare, and unaccompanied minor service charge may be paid for with a southwestgiftcard.
- xiv. Each purchase is deducted from the balance of the card. If the ticket price is greater than the value of the southwestgiftcard, the difference may be paid with a credit card, Southwest LUV voucher and/or available Travel Funds. In addition, cash, and paper gift certificates can be used for the remaining balance at airport locations only. If the ticket price is less than the value of the southwestgiftcard, the balance will remain on the card until it is decreased to zero, at which time the card will be deactivated.
- xv. Up to four southwestgiftcards can be applied toward one reservation. Our payment system limits the total form of payments, so, if the balance of the itinerary is more than the amount of all four gift cards, you will only be able to use three of your gift cards so that the balance can be paid with another form of payment that will cover the balance of the reservation (i.e. credit card). The following is our policy in regards to forms of payment: Southwest Airlines accepts up to two unused Ticketless Travel tickets per passenger (are always applied first) and up to four of the following in any combination: southwestgiftcards, Southwest LUV vouchers, Ticketless Travel funds (left over funds not previously used), and one credit card.
- xvi. A southwestgiftcard will not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, check or credit except where required by federal or applicable state law.
- xvii. A southwestgiftcard cannot be redeemed through a travel agency.
- xviii. A southwestgiftcard redeemed for travel is not refundable. If travel is not taken, the funds will be held as travel funds with an expiration date. If applied with any other accepted form(s) of payment, the earliest expiration date of all forms of payment applies.
- xix. For any additional questions, call 214-932-0333.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.