Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Assigned Seats and More

Dcsqueen
Explorer C

The lack of assigned seating is stupid. I heard they're changing this policy finally! As a recommendation,  besides assigned seating, they should assign sections, such as, assigning the back of the plane to "C", then load the plane from "C" to "B" to "A". This would allow people to put their overhead in without disturbing people trying to get in. This would ensure on time departure. I don't understand why it took years for Southwest to figure this out.

Also Mexican airplanes have doors in the front and the back of the plane and this makes boarding and deplaning great as well. Perhaps Southwest can get these kind of planes also.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Assigned Seats and More

dfwskier
Aviator A

The vast majority of  Southwest customers like open seating, but you are entitled to your opinion.

Re: Assigned Seats and More

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@Dcsqueen wrote:

The lack of assigned seating is stupid. I heard they're changing this policy finally! As a recommendation,  besides assigned seating, they should assign sections, such as, assigning the back of the plane to "C", then load the plane from "C" to "B" to "A". This would allow people to put their overhead in without disturbing people trying to get in. This would ensure on time departure. I don't understand why it took years for Southwest to figure this out.

Also Mexican airplanes have doors in the front and the back of the plane and this makes boarding and deplaning great as well. Perhaps Southwest can get these kind of planes also.

The 737’s do have doors in both front and rear. A few airports like LGB and BUR do use boarding from both doors.

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.