Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

Boarding position sale why?

lr0cks2183
Explorer C

Why does Southwest sell A 1-15 boarding position but you don’t care when A 16 and above board?  I was on a flight today with an A15 boarding position but there were definitely way more than 14 people that boarded before me.

Boarding is always a hot mess with southwest with everyone and their me mentality.   This is why I fly southwest when I absolutely HAVE to.  The cattle call is such a deterrent.  I rather pay more for a ticket,  I fly two three times a week.  This will probably be my last time with SW. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Boarding position sale why?

DancingDavidE
Aviator A

@lr0cks2183 wrote:

Why does Southwest sell A 1-15 boarding position but you don’t care when A 16 and above board?  I was on a flight today with an A15 boarding position but there were definitely way more than 14 people that boarded before me.

Boarding is always a hot mess with southwest with everyone and their me mentality.   This is why I fly southwest when I absolutely HAVE to.  The cattle call is such a deterrent.  I rather pay more for a ticket,  I fly two three times a week.  This will probably be my last time with SW. 

Do you mean preboarders or were there through passengers from the earlier origin?

Home airport MDW, frequent visitor to MCO to see the mouse.

lr0cks2183
Explorer C

No these were after pre boarders.  

floridaguy
Aviator C

File a complaint with Southwest.  My guess is that after preboards, the gate agent allowed "family boarding" which is another subject in its own.

On my last four flights, I advised the gate agent politely that I was a regular Southwest customer and knew the policy on boarding.  I advised that if any deviations occurred I would report them promptly to Southwest.

No issues were noted on any of the four flights.

Maybe it is time to speak up and be counted.  If the gate agents aren't going to follow the boarding policy, what's the point?