Skip to main content

Southwest Airlines Community

CURRENT & PENDING SOUTHWEST DISASTER

JVW1957
Explorer C

My wife is currently sitting at San Antonio Intl, Gate A10 - still waiting for her 3:55PM flight to Phoenix, which has been pushed back repeatedly since before boarding time. The latest estimate is 9:30PM. She has heard about the "nationwide problem with flight controllers" (which isn't noted anywhere) and most recently a mechanical problem, which according to my wife, has strangely affected every flight leaving San Antonio! Recently Southwest CEO said he would not settle for the previous delays and cancellations ever again, which, like all the excuses today, seems to be bull sh..  Not to mention the horrible attitudes the customer service people on the ground are copping with inquisitive customers as if it was their fault. My wife is sitting by the desk and we will post a pic of one of the more charming Southwest staff. My wife is a nurse, who took a couple of days off to go to Phoenix to spend the day with her elderly mom on her 85th birthday, which as of now appears to not being off the table. The only thing I can say about Southwest right now is Jet Blue, Fronteir and anyone else. Screw saving money. What good is it if your plans dont matter to them and their staffing issues.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: CURRENT & PENDING SOUTHWEST DISASTER

bec102896
Aviator A

Delays are no fun but they do happen. An airport having 5 delays is nothing compared to December and yes 1 delay can lead to other delays especially in a place like SAT where they only have a few gates to use 

after travel is complete send an email to southwest using the contact us link at the bottom of this page and they can review and see what compensation could be offered. Keep in mind there is where around the country that can affect your flight if the plane or crew can’t get to you. With regards to this flight it had a gate return in ELP and without the plane being in SAT it has created a domino effect unless they find another aircraft or crew as of now the inbound flight is 411 from ELP once that leaves hopefully you will have a better idea on your departure time. 

There is also an 8:10pm flight boarding now maybe ask nicely to be put on that flight. 

JVW1957
Explorer C

Thanks for your reply. I actually already did that leg work. Unfortunately she is sitting with people who are on different flights, also delayed, at least Vegas and I forget the other. My wife noticed it was very apparent on the board and she's been there since 2:00P almost every flight has been delayed. So much for that explaining 1 ELP issue. And again, she was told when questioning this, that there was a national controller issue, as an explanation for all the delays. Sounds a lot like the issues previously!

bec102896
Aviator A

Maybe that plane has issues with ATC communications and that why they say that 

7 hour delays are no fun hopefully that plane gets swapped and they can make up some time

i know from experience that SAT isn’t the most exciting place for a 8 hour delay since all the places are usually closed by 8 at the latest 

you might try reaching out to SW on Twitter to see if they can assist with anything 

JVW1957
Explorer C

And now after being told it was in the air on it's way, they just cancelled the flight. That's 7 hours of nothing!!!

Passenger1C
Aviator C

@JVW1957  very frustrating. I hope your wife was able to get home. 

SWA Passenger, Community Champion

JVW1957
Explorer C

Unfortunately that didn't happen.

bec102896
Aviator A

Unfortunately looks like the flight was just canceled 

floridaguy
Aviator C

This is disappointing to hear.  Southwest needs to get it together or the stock price is going to continue to slump.